St. Marks 1/11/17

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 1/11/17

Post by DixieReb »

Me and a buddy fished upriver St. Marks yesterday and it was slow at first. But when the tide started coming in, we found some and did pretty good. Ended up with 10 nice trout, 2 over 20'' and no shorts at all. Came back to Moultrie at 12:30. Weather was nice, not too cold but did keep my windbreaker on all day. Saw a bobcat sitting on the end of an old dock, wish I'd brought my camera.
Yours in the South
fishfalcon

Re: St. Marks 1/11/17

Post by fishfalcon »

Nicely done! Were you live bait fishing? We may try it this weekend. Last year around this time we got a two minute video of a bald eagle chasing an osprey trying to steal his fish. Gotta love those wildlife moments.
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Good to hear! I am planning on making a trip Saturday. Did you have to go far up river?
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

No live bait, green curlytail jigs. Went up to the docks above the last sailboat, not much up there. Did better further down.
Yours in the South
wallisam

Post by wallisam »

thanks for the report. it will be nice to have another option.
nolefisher

Post by nolefisher »

DixieReb wrote:No live bait, green curlytail jigs. Went up to the docks above the last sailboat, not much up there. Did better further down.
Did you do better south or north of the fort?