Keaton Beach 3/11

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

leonreno

Keaton Beach 3/11

Post by leonreno »

First off, wow what a low tide!! Low tide was -.4 at 7:40am ish, we got to ramp at 10:00am and it was the lowest I have ever seen at Keaton.

Second, ramp was backed up to four or five boats in line on the road. Something was broke and fell in the water on the left ramp, looked like a boom or something. It finally got pulled out by the time we got in. Look like several fishermen and maybe some workers finally got it pulled out. Also think that may have been a trailer fallen off the end of ramp and had to be lifted up to pull out.

Finally in the water and water temp in canal was in the upper 50s, not the mid to upper 60s I had hoped for, seems the small front that came through Wednesday or Thursday cooled things off at night. We had trouble catching anything most of the morning until after lunch. We tried shallow and deeper without much love.

Things turned around after 1:00. Water temps rose and the fish started biting better. Three of us ended up with 8 keeper tout and two bluefish. We caught a ton of small trout. Lost two more nice keeper trout at the net. Key to catching was warmer water and stained water, from 4-6 feet deep. Water temp reached 69 degrees by lay afternoon. We caught them on gulp under corks.
Seferino
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach 3/11

Post by Seferino »

Good going... Sounds fishy!!!
Heath

Re: Keaton Beach 3/11

Post by Heath »

Yeah, we were in the line with you at Keaton as well. someones trailer broke off and supposedly they left it in the water and went fishing, don't know the truth to that or not and i would hope its false. but yes, the Tide was crazy low. we had our luck in same water. 4 feet, 70 degrees and darker colored. Best early march fishing I've had since I've been going down there. I just cant seem to catch a dang redfish out of keaton.
Its not the arrow, Its the Indian...