Keaton beach Saturday 3/11

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

justcoastn

Keaton beach Saturday 3/11

Post by justcoastn »

Was at Keaton Myself on Saturday. That was half of a boat trailer at the ramp. I heard someone talking about it while I was waiting to load up just coming dark. I ran out to a reef and got nothing but baby sea bass. I came back inshore around 4:30 and hit some trout and blues. I got a couple of sheepshead in 3 feet of water also. I did manage to get tore up pretty good by a blue fish. Had to break out the guerrilla glue and glue myself back together to stop the bleeding. I knew better than put my finger in his mouth but he looked so calm I figured I could get the hook out quick. Looked like a crime scene in the bottom of the boat.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton beach Saturday 3/11

Post by silverking »

That's what they make needle-nose pliers for. Good description though. Glad you got on some. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Reminds me of an old song:

"You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't put a finger in a bluefish's grin
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with slim"
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Nice going. No, don't ever put your fingers in a bluefish's mouth. :smt009 They will snap at you when you hold them, and have been known to bite swimmers off the beaches. Use the pliers, like was stated. I found out the hard way you don't put your fingers in a flounder's mouth either. They have a wicked bite as well! :o Tight lines.
Yours in the South
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Blues are like saltwater piranhas. Reeled in half a trout before. The water was boiling around the trout. Even netted two blues with the trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justcoastn

Post by justcoastn »

Like I said. I knew better but the pliers were alllllll the way up in the front of the boat. Like a whole 15 feet away. The Gorilla glue was closer and the fish were biting. The choices we have to make. :)
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:Blues are like saltwater piranhas. Reeled in half a trout before. The water was boiling around the trout. Even netted two blues with the trout.
This has happened to me several time when the blues get thick.
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

I've made that mistake. Their mouths are like a bear trap. Even dumber was the time I tried to lip a trout... Yeah, I always learn things the hard way.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

xXLoneBowmanXx wrote:I've made that mistake. Their mouths are like a bear trap. Even dumber was the time I tried to lip a trout... Yeah, I always learn things the hard way.
. Take a bass fisherman trout fishing and it's gonna happen. Lol

Dixie Dawg

Post by Dixie Dawg »

I stuck my finger in an upper slot reds mouth the other day and paid for it. He chomped down ripped skin and my thumb throbbed like I hit it with a hammer. I was getting too comfortable lipping them.
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
xXLoneBowmanXx wrote:I've made that mistake. Their mouths are like a bear trap. Even dumber was the time I tried to lip a trout... Yeah, I always learn things the hard way.
. Take a bass fisherman trout fishing and it's gonna happen. Lol

When I first started fishing saltwater I was out with an old local fisherman and I said something about being able to lip a fish and he said, "there's not a fish in these waters that I would trust sticking my finger in their mouth."

True words... even the redfish will inflict some e pain.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Only snook and tarpon :wink:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Heath

Post by Heath »

Yes, Whoever left that trailer sitting in the water i hope never catch another fish this year. but Keaton treated us well Saturday.

Loaded up on live shrimp, and headed north out of the channel right when high tide was coming back in. Little past bird rack landed a good size spanish on the live shrimp, drifter there and caught two keeper trout. Ran down towards spring warrior and started drifting, glow swim shads were doing the trick, pulled in our boats limit of trout. all good size 17-19 inches. A bunch of 14 inchers we released back. 4-5 feet of water at 70 degree mark is where the bite was. Hoping this is a good sign for the rest of spring.
Its not the arrow, Its the Indian...