Power pole question on Frontier

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

redbelly7

Power pole question on Frontier

Post by redbelly7 »

Anyone have an 8' power pole on a Frontier 2104? I need to know height from ground to top of power pole, to make sure that I have clearance for it to go under frame of my shed. Thanks in advance.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Power pole question on Frontier

Post by Steve Stinson »

I have an 8 footer on a SeaArk. The height is going to vary depending on the bracket you use and the trailer you have it on. Some brackets mount to the transom, some bolt on using the same bolts as the outboard. Distance from the center of the mounting bracket on the Power Pole itself to the top is 4' 4" on mine.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

One more thought - Ashley Mock on this forum has a Frontier. He may be able to help you out. Also, Big Bend Marine in Perry is a Frontier dealer. They may have one with an 8' Power Pole already mounted on it. Call and ask for Dale.
Capt Ron

Post by Capt Ron »

You also need to know the distance from level ground to bottom of the hull. All trailers are not the same. Bunks, axles, tires & wheels can make a big difference between 2 boats heights. You can also lower the power pole several inches and it still won't protrude beyond the motor.
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Thanks, I'll see if Zak or Dale are there in morning & see if they can tell me. That's who I'm getting from & they are rigging it out. Adding on to my shed now.