St marks 4-8-17

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

cobia2007

St marks 4-8-17

Post by cobia2007 »

Did anyone catch any keeper trout in st marks river Saturday if you would you tell me how you did it because all we found was 12-14 inch long.
Redrichie

Re: St marks 4-8-17

Post by Redrichie »

We ended up with 3 keeper trout. One 19 inch. One decent flounder. Pushed out to 10 feet deep where the water was around 69-70 degrees. Drifted in to around 8 and the bite would slow up. Lots of short bass and trout. A remora puts up a nice little run.
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

Only caught one trout this weekend although that wasn't our targeted species. Did manage 12-15 reds on Saturday and a dozen or so on Sun. Fished from 9-2:30 both days out of SM. We normally pick up a few trout so it was odd not to see more.
Just a Guest

Post by Just a Guest »

We caught plenty of trout on Saturday. I would say one out of every five were in the slot. Didn't find them until around high tide. My buddy would kill me if I told, but we weren't in the river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coach

Post by coach »

I fished Wednesday and Thursday and didn't have much luck. Only 5 keeper in 2 days. The conditions were horrible. We did catch more than our share of fat cats though. We caught a number of shorts as well.