Good people

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mattieya

Good people

Post by mattieya »

Put my kayak in at the lighthouse last Friday and began talking with a gentleman that looked familiar. Turned out to be Gary Droze. Gave me a piece of advice. Took it and plucked a 15" flounder and 22" red. Good people indeed. Both on Zman diesel minnow chatterbait. Upon a time, I hoarded fishing Intel. But over the years, I've found that the pure fisherman are willing to share. Thus, over the past few years, I've been compelled to do the same. And all has been better resultantly. Normally fishing from my feet, the complete area was unfamiliar to me from kayak. So I'm sending a shout out to Mr. Droze. Big up! Big love!

Trying to find out how to post pics... I told him I would. Help please.
spoton
Site Sponsor

Re: Good people

Post by spoton »

There is a thread under "Announcements" under the "Board Index" that has info on how to post pictures.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Agreed. Good man and knows that area well.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Yep, he is one of the most generous fishermen when it comes to intel. Good guy
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Gary is definitely a great representative of the personalities we have around here - make sure to check out his monthly articles in the free Coastal Anger Magazine - Big Bend; even more insight there!

As for your pictures - I always suggest using IMGUR - and then copying the BBcode and pasting it here. works great! Just mind your sizing.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

He has been a teacher & coach for years. He's also a talented angler and a super nice guy, even if he is Air Force. (Fly Navy! :wink: )
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Fishing Intel is like money. I'll give somebody 1 of my last 2 pennies if they need it, but not anybody if that makes any sense.