Steinhatchee July 2nd.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Steinhatchee July 2nd.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Got to the ramp at 7:00 and headed out to scallop. Did not even bring poles today as swimming is the object. Image. Image. Image. Lots and lots of swimming today. But it's not fun to me to spend more time cleaning than picking them up. They were scattered but everywhere had some. Image. Image. We cleaned em on the boat and headed in before the crowd. Er well most of them lol. Image. Another great day on the water with my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HookemBookem1

Re: Steinhatchee July 2nd.

Post by HookemBookem1 »

Nice job. looks like there was a good bit of floating grass. I am headed down Friday going out of Keaton but looks like I will have to head a good ways south to find them. U gonna be out there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

HookemBookem1 wrote:Nice job. looks like there was a good bit of floating grass. I am headed down Friday going out of Keaton but looks like I will have to head a good ways south to find them. U gonna be out there?

. Yeah the grass was everywhere in big mats. Most of the time not enough to be aggravating. May want to launch at Steinhatchee or you will have a long run. They are south of grassy. Been 3 weekends in a row. Not sure if we'll be down.

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Another great scallop trip! How is the new trailer working out?
Yours in the South
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

I'll be bouncing around all week between fishing, the floatilla and grassy. If you see me say hey, I like to meet people of a common interest.
HookemBookem1

Post by HookemBookem1 »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:I'll be bouncing around all week between fishing, the floatilla and grassy. If you see me say hey, I like to meet people of a common interest.
Will be hitting the water around 10 am Friday morning and early Saturday. Be in a frontier bay traded in the skiff. Been reading your reports on your site. Thanks for doing that. Helps a lot since I only get down there 1 weekend a month on average right now gives me a heads up.

Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

HookemBookem1 wrote:
Apalachee Inshore wrote:I'll be bouncing around all week between fishing, the floatilla and grassy. If you see me say hey, I like to meet people of a common interest.
Will be hitting the water around 10 am Friday morning and early Saturday. Be in a frontier bay traded in the skiff. Been reading your reports on your site. Thanks for doing that. Helps a lot since I only get down there 1 weekend a month on average right now gives me a heads up.

That's awesome glad it helps. I just put a new one up. Good luck this weekend and congrats on the new boat.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

DixieReb wrote:Another great scallop trip! How is the new trailer working out?
. Great. It's nice not having to worry while going down the road.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

. Will do.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

HookemBookem1 wrote:

. Glad to help. If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask. I'll answer them to the best of my ability. I only get to go once and a while too. But I've been doing that in this area for 20+ years. Enjoy the new boat. Post up those reports good or bad.

Hit-n-Miss

Steinhatchee July 2nd.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Some more pics from the day off the waterproof camera. Image. Image. Image. Image. Image. Image. Image. Image.

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Glad there's some around. Sounds like it'll be a slower season, especially in Apalachee Bay.

Sure don't see too many dive flags displayed on the flotilla shots. :thumbdown:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

This is off topic but is that some sort of anchor in the first pic? I've seen them on boats but never knew what they were
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Boudreux wrote:This is off topic but is that some sort of anchor in the first pic? I've seen them on boats but never knew what they were
Stick It Anchor Pin. Similar to Wang Anchor, Cajun Anchor, etc. Manual substitute for PowerPole or Talon.

http://stickitanchorpins.com
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

silverking wrote:Glad there's some around. Sounds like it'll be a slower season, especially in Apalachee Bay.

Sure don't see too many dive flags displayed on the flotilla shots. :thumbdown:
. Resolution not great on phone. They are there but not as high as should be. And lots of idjits running with there flag up and too close.