Lanark 7/16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Lanark 7/16

Post by MudDucker »

Had to wait until 1PM to put in and then had to dodge thunderboomers. I usually crank first time on a hose at the house, but got in a hurry. Took forever to get gas to the engine, but once she fired, she was good to go. Add to that the fact that I left my brand new landing net at home, made for an interesting start. Took my daughter and her boyfriend. Quite a competitive pair. We found fish in 6.5 to 5' of water after we found clear water, in that order due to the strong south wind. Good number of shorts, but we caught some quality fish. I lost a gollywhooper trout. Still don't know how I managed that. Put the Ol' Pro on the trailer with the sprinkling rain.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
homboyfsu

Re: Lanark 7/16

Post by homboyfsu »

I am down at hohum did you go to the ochlockonee shoals? Right in front of this place there is a shoal have you ever caught any fish their? I normally go fishing at Econfina. First time I fished at Lanark. Do you think all this fresh water going to mess up the fishing?
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

homboyfsu wrote:I am down at hohum did you go to the ochlockonee shoals? Right in front of this place there is a shoal have you ever caught any fish their? I normally go fishing at Econfina. First time I fished at Lanark. Do you think all this fresh water going to mess up the fishing?
I think you are referring to the Lanark reef.
Russ@R&R

Post by Russ@R&R »

I was just at Lanark over the 4th holiday. We stay at a house on the water just east of Ho Hum every year. I have always had good success from just west of Ho Hum on toward Carrabelle from there. Lots of depth/grass changes in the area. Not many people fish there, which makes it even better.
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

No it's not Lanark Reef. This is about 200 yards in front of hohum.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

homboyfsu wrote:No it's not Lanark Reef. This is about 200 yards in front of hohum.
Then what is the name of the reef 200 yards out from Ho Hum ?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

reelbad wrote:
homboyfsu wrote:No it's not Lanark Reef. This is about 200 yards in front of hohum.
Then what is the name of the reef 200 yards out from Ho Hum ?
There is no reef 200 yards from the ho hum, but Lanark reef is about 7/10 of a mile from ho hum :lol:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I have fished the bar in front of hohum several times with good luck, but I was way east of there Saturday because a storm seemed to hang down near Carrabelle.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

I am from Valdosta also. There is a guy here building a house across the street is from Adel. I launch my G3 in carrabelle. When I was coming into hohum I ran across a very shadow area in front of huhum.
Russ@R&R

Post by Russ@R&R »

There is a sand hump out in front of Ho Hum. At low tide it's still submerged, but only by 1 or 1 1/2 ft.