Lowe 1436 Jon boat $2500

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tailwaters

Lowe 1436 Jon boat $2500

Post by tailwaters »

Up for sale is a Lowe 1436 Jon boat, trailer, motor, push pole and anchor. This has been a great little boat to own. 99% of the time it is used to fish for reds in the marsh. The boat runs 20mph with two medium size adults fully loading for a day of fishing. Most days we average 17 miles burning between 1.5-2 gallons of gas. It has a 3 gallon gas tank which has been sufficient for my use.

Boat Details;
Hull was repainted last year along with new deck and floors added. The center bench has a built in livewell that has been sealed off to be used as a storage compartment. There is additional storage under the front deck. The push pole is manufactured by Stiffy and is 14’ long. There is a Shallow Water Solutions push pole holder mounted on the transom.

Motor;
The engine is a 2001 Mercury 2 stroke that starts on the first or second pull, every time. This is the second one I’ve had on it. This particular engine sat in a buddy’s garage for 12 years and really only has about a years of use on it. Forward, natural and reverse are all engaged by a twist of the handle which is one of the things I like most about it. It has a tiller extension which allows you to drive while standing.

Trailer;
I have no idea of its age. It’s just a trailer I’ve had for years but in good shape. Two years ago it was completely rebuilt, new axel, tires, bunks, bearings and led lights. It has 2 spare tires go along with it.

If you are looking for a good multipurpose boat in great condition, this one is worth a look.

Pics can be viewed on link below.
https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/boa/6234120657.html
Last edited by tailwaters on July 25th, 2017, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Lowe 1436 Jon boat

Post by silverking »

GLWS. Great option for a first boat or second boat or duck boat, etc.

So what's next? Beavertail Skiff? :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
tailwaters

Re: Lowe 1436 Jon boat $2500

Post by tailwaters »

So what's next? Beavertail Skiff?
A big part of me wishes I had a BT on order but the truth is I would be too scared to take it to the places this Jonny goes. Theirs just too many rocks around. Hitting something in a $2500 boat, no big deal. Hitting something in a 30k BT is a different story. The reason for the sale is because my dad has been after me to take his Jon boat for the last couple years now. I haven't wanted to but since he is selling his house I'm almost forced to. It's just a little bigger version of what I have, 15' G3 with a 25hp.

The buddy I fish with most weekends has a 22' Pathfinder. I also have a Grady WA offshore boat. More times than not we opt to take out the Jonny instead of our other boats. We estimated over the last 7 years their has been around 1500 redfish landed out of it.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

:thumbup:

I haven't scratched the Mosquito...yet. But that's why they make matching gel coat. Sooner or later I'm going to need some.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

Still for sale, anyone interested. If you want to start exploring the creeks this is the boat to do it in.
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

Over the years I've read a lot of post on this forum about people wanting to catch more redfish. Here's a hint, you have to get shallow..... real shallow. I'm talking inches and not feet. Over the last 25 years I've easily caught a few thousand reds in our local waters and the number one contributor wasn't any particular bait or lure. Redfish just aren't that picky. It had to do with having the ability to get to where the fish foraged. Most of the time this means fishing the creeks during low tide. I've owned 3 jon boats prior to this one and will own another once this one is gone. If you wanting to start exploring this area it's a great tool to do it out of.

Boat is still available.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

tailwaters wrote:Over the years I've read a lot of post on this forum about people wanting to catch more redfish. Here's a hint, you have to get shallow..... real shallow. I'm talking inches and not feet. Over the last 25 years I've easily caught a few thousand reds in our local waters and the number one contributor wasn't any particular bait or lure. Redfish just aren't that picky. It had to do with having the ability to get to where the fish foraged. Most of the time this means fishing the creeks during low tide. I've owned 3 jon boats prior to this one and will own another once this one is gone. If you wanting to start exploring this area it's a great tool to do it out of.

Boat is still available.
Don't know the seller or his fishing prowess, but comment is 100% accurate. Bought a 22 Ranger and couldn't convince myself to sell my 12 year old aluminum boat.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Gary Droze, here's another one to consider for your retirement fleet. The seller knows what he's talking about. It definitely has some good mojo.

GLWS!
Angler719

Post by Angler719 »

tailwaters where are you located? And how can I get a hold of you, to see the boat ,if its not sold. I will be in Crawfordville in the next couple of weeks and I am definitely interested. Feel free to Email or instant message.

Thanks and have a great day!
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

PM sent