Boat theft in the area

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

randymullaly

Boat theft in the area

Post by randymullaly »

All,
If you store your boat in Wakulla or Franklin County, strongly suggest you check on it. There has been a string of break-ins/thefts lately. Mikes Marine was hit recently and I got a call this morning that there was a break in at the boat storage area at Stow Away Marine in Crawfordville and somebody walked off with the lower unit from my Yamaha 150 (yes, Ive got insurance) along with the electronics from several other boats.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Boat theft in the area

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the heads up... sucks to hear. Hope they get theirs
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the alert. Despise a lazy, no-good thief. Maybe they were captured on security cameras. We can only hope.

Do you have any more details? Was it Mike's Marine in Panacea or Mike's Marine Ways near St. Marks? Also, were the boats stored in the fenced storage lots?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

As I understand, the thefts on took hi value resale able parts no less than two - three years old. Hit several places up and down the coast.The person I spoke with said he thought It was a professional outfit
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

From what I understand this group of dirt bags are working the area hard. Found out Shields was also hit. Not just newer boats. Mine is a 2005.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

It was mikes marine that got hit in panacea they sounded like they were pros getting all the high dollar stuff.
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Well my boat has been at stow away for a week or so. Hopefully it's ok, but it is an older model. I hate hearing stuff like this around our area.
The Liver is EVIL and Must be Punished
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

Lost my Garmin to them, boat was at Mike's to get the oil changed :smt011
bbb

Post by bbb »

In my hunt last month for a 2nd sonar unit for the boat I was surprised to see so many units on eBay, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for sale with no power cord, transducer or mount. Just the unit only. Made me skeptical on why they had the unit only.
turtlecat
Site Sponsor

Post by turtlecat »

bbb wrote:In my hunt last month for a 2nd sonar unit for the boat I was surprised to see so many units on eBay, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace for sale with no power cord, transducer or mount. Just the unit only. Made me skeptical on why they had the unit only.
That being said bbb, I think it should be a requirement of these websites or make it mandatory to provide the serial num of any device being sold, either new or used. If it's an honest sale, then people shouldn't mind providing it. Just my .02
TurtleCat