Any info on cleared land

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reelbad

Any info on cleared land

Post by reelbad »

Any one know what they are going to do (if anything) on all the clear cut along Capital Circle between Woodville Hwy and Tram Rd. ?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Any info on cleared land

Post by silverking »

Probably something that's desperately needed like another Wal-Mart or CVS Pharmacy. Or maybe the FSU football-only facility Jimbo thinks they gotta have to be competitive at $60 MM. :roll:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Saw that the other day... cleared that thing QUICK! :o
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
wacissaguy

Post by wacissaguy »

Supposed to be Southwood South/II/again/ad nauseum.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

reelbad wrote:Any one know what they are going to do (if anything) on all the clear cut along Capital Circle between Woodville Hwy and Tram Rd. ?
I'm pretty sure that was St Joe land that was sold off and the planted pines were cleared at their peak. Once they get too wide to use as telephone poles they go way down in value.

Now that it's cleared who knows but its obviously been in the works for a long time(turning lanes already installed, really low speed limit, etc).

I'm hoping housing but I think they would have left some timber for that.

Even if they weren't going to put anything there they would have still harvested the timber.
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Can't tell you what it is but I can tell you its NOT got anything to do with Southwood.