RV Campground advice...???

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Re: RV Campground advice...???

Post by Greenbone »

Sunset isle RV on timber island in Carrabelle is a quiet and friendly place. It is right on Carrabelle river and is 2.5 miles from west end of Dog Island. They rent by day week and month or you can purchase a site.
Located 260 timber island rd
Carrabelle fla
850 556 0051
manley
Site Sponsor

Post by manley »

MudDucker wrote:I don't know the name right off, but there is pretty big RV park right at the public access to Carrabelle Beach. I've seen kids running around there when I've been passing by. Didn't know Ho Hum wasn't kid friendly. Must be a change, because a college professor formerly from here used to stay there a good bit with his wife and daughter.
The one at Carrabelle Beach is "Carrabelle Beach RV Resort" and their web site is http://rvcoutdoors.com/carrabelle-beach/. It is relatively expensive and stays full most of the time.

I've stayed at Ho Hum dozens of times, but I no longer recommend it.
Good to see you guys...
Scott
Last edited by manley on November 28th, 2016, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

manley wrote:
MudDucker wrote:I don't know the name right off, but there is pretty big RV park right at the public access to Carrabelle Beach. I've seen kids running around there when I've been passing by. Didn't know Ho Hum wasn't kid friendly. Must be a change, because a college professor formerly from here used to stay there a good bit with his wife and daughter.
The one at Carrabelle Beach is "Carrabelle Beach RV Resort" and their web site is http://rvcoutdoors.com/carrabelle-beach/. It is relatively expensive and stays full most of the time.

I've stayed at Ho Hum dozens of times. I no longer recommend it, and here are the reasons:
1. Our very dear friends, Wade & Ginger Horne (as well as several others who preceded them), are no longer hosts at this park.
2. The park is not child-friendly, as stated above.

Good to see you guys...
Scott
Well, there it is from the horse's mouth. I knew you stayed there with your family.

The place was packed this weekend, but I sure would not want to stay there knowing this.
Last edited by MudDucker on November 29th, 2016, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

That is some very good information... I guess I will not be staying there for sure. Thank you
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

http://www.wtxl.com/news/maryland-man-f ... 696db.html

Looks like children aren't supposed to be banned. Interesting.
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

Now we can understand why people don't need to start new businesses. You will stay in laws suite hell until you lose your business. I stayed at Ho hum for 2 months last year and it was GREAT A+ in my book. There are other privately own RV parks in the area that cater to Families. Now Ho hum has one sorry low life that is going to stick these people in law suite hell. Homer Reid
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

It's a shame me that a person can't run his business the way he wants it. If he doesn't want kids he should be able to have no kids. What about adult only resorts?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

Salty Gator wrote:It's a shame me that a person can't run his business the way he wants it. If he doesn't want kids he should be able to have no kids. What about adult only resorts?
Agree. From the article, the guy apparently does this for a living maybe. A "Fair Housing Act Tester". Had no intention of staying at the campground.
Why would you target an RV campground?
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I have stayed at Ho Hum for a number of years now. It is sad when Camp Host you have known for years move on, but I have learned that they ALL move on eventually. The owner Mike runs the place like a business not like a club. He has lots of rules and charges more every year. One of his rules is no kids under 16.

It's my choice to stay there. The good far outweighs the bad for me, right now. That would change if I was to have a Grandkid that wanted to come and stay with me. Hoping for that one day. There are 2 other semi-waterfront RV parks in C-belle that I can choose from, and even more down the road a bit.

The dude in the article is just a professional rabble-rouser. He gets his jollies putting people thru the legal ringer. :smt011
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Back to the OP's question. I did a similar thing on the coast a few years back and found its a lot simpler to stay as close as possible to where your camper is stored, assuming that is an area you feel good about fishing. SGI SP is a nice park but not very convenient
for fishing. St Joe State Park, on the other hand, has a great beach access and excellent boating facilities. I did pick up that it is a little further than you want to go. Hey, that's the advantage of having your camper. You are mobile and can determine your own location until you find what you like. I did that for several years and eventually bought a lot. Best decision I ever made.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!