Take a Kid Fishing - Being Revived

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Take a Kid Fishing - Being Revived

Post by Steve Stinson »

As most of you know, I am taking a break from my duties as an officer of NFGFC so that is freeing me up for more activities. Mike Scibelli and I are reviving the Take A Kid fishing event that was handled by Don England in the past. This is the event where we take a kid from the FL Baptist Children's Home and a house - parent fishing for a day.

The date is set for April 28th, 2018. If you are willing to make a firm commitment to holding this date open and donate your time / boat please respond to this thread. This date does not interfere with any NFGFC tournaments.

Thank you.
- Steve Stinson
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Take a Kid Fishing - Being Revived

Post by Salty Gator »

That's great Steve, iv participated for the last few years and it's very rewarding. Ill do it again if I can
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
nobitchin

Post by nobitchin »

I'm in. I have a 22ft 2004 sailfish cc. Send me an email scottcallahan@comcast.net Thanks!
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Steve, I will donate my trailer smoker / grill for you guys to use if ya'll are still going to do the hot dogs and such. I will also be willing to donate some food. Just let me know what you need.
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

I'm in. Frontier 2104. My email is wright.tim63@gmail.com , I did this about 3 or 4 years ago and well worth the time. Thanks for reviving.
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Steve, I am pretty sure that date is the weekend of Rock the Dock in Panacea it is normally that last weekend of April.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I realize there may be other tournaments, but we are only scheduling around NFGFC dates. This is the date that works for the Children's Home.
Thanks - Steve Stinson
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Thanks Steve and Mike for reviving Take aKid Fishing . All the kids at Baptist Childerens Home look forward to fishing this event every year. The pavilion is reserved and ramp fees are waived for April 28 at the Fort in St Marks.
Don
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Thanks for your help Don.
This was all started because Andrew and I went through a checkout line at Walmart on Thomasville Rd. with some fishing tackle. The cashier asked if we were going fishing and said she only got to fish a time or two while she was at the kids home. I remarked that we used to take kids out fishing from the Fl Baptist Children's Home. She was one of the kids :thumbup:

Shortly thereafter, I did some land surveying for Mike Scibelli and the subject came up again. Mike is retired now and agreed to help, so here we are. This event has more of an impact on those kids than we realize.

- Steve Stinson
Troutinator

Post by Troutinator »

Count Troutinator and son of Troutinator in on this. My boy is 8 and loves taking trips with new kids and teaching them what to do. jrsmith2112@yahoo.com is my email. We have a 19ft Blue Wave perfect for one child and one more adult chaperone.
He who loses control, Loses!
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

I’m in. Done it for several years and it’s a good time for a good cause.
The Back Porch
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

All -

I want to kick this thread back to the top to keep the date of April 28th on everybody's mind. I believe this date will conflict with the Rock the Dock tournament in Panacea, but please volunteer with us if you can.
Mike and I will be putting goody bags together for the kids, so if you can't donate your time or boat, please consider a small donation to help out. 100% of any donated funds will go directly to this event. Donations can be mailed to :

Meridian Surveying and Mapping Inc.
3201 Shamrock St. South, Suite 102
Tallahassee, FL. 32309

Please mark "Take a Kid Fishing" on the check or envelope, so I can keep all funds separated.

I will answer any questions about this event if you will call or text (850) 509-3116.

Thank you for your help.
- Steve Stinson
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I really hate to say it, but I have a conflict that weekend. It tears me up to miss this, as I really do get a lot out of it. I’ll send a check
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

I'm in,Date is set on my calendar. I look at it as giving a day back. This event does really have big impact on these kids,
Looking forward to it.
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

Can we wait until close to time to let you know?