World Fishing Network Channel removed by Xfinity

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tomg1112

World Fishing Network Channel removed by Xfinity

Post by tomg1112 »

Noticed this morning that Tallahassee channel 747 for the World Fishing Network has been removed from Xfinity's channel lineup. After a half hour chat session I was told the World Fishing Network has been combined with the Outdoor Channel. After looking for my favorite Thursday night shows, they are not there. If you enjoy the World Fishing Network as much as I do, contact Xfinity and ask to have it restored to their channel lineup.
EddieJoe

Re: World Fishing Network Channel removed by Xfinity

Post by EddieJoe »

Hope your experience with Comcast is positive. “Chat” or customer service normally means a conversation with someone in Pakistan, India, or Columbia, SA. About as useless time spent as looking at your toes. They don’t care, won’t care, and will not care what you want, or think.
Sorry to write, but true.
EJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Well, that stinks. I’ll be looking for my lower bill next month :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Spoke with rep and we are out of luck. And price for package goes up for me on feb 18. May look for another tv service.
Limitless

Post by Limitless »

An option for you is Waypoint TV (link below). It provides streaming for almost all of the popular fishing shows that are on WFN. They also provide them through services like HULU and Roku. Check it out.

http://www.waypointtv.com/cat/Fishing
tomg1112

Post by tomg1112 »

Thank you to Limitless. I'll check it out.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

tomg1112 wrote:Thank you to Limitless. I'll check it out.
Ditto. I hate Comcast. It's absurd what I pay for cable each month when I only watch about 20 channels and this was one of them. Thanks for the info! I'm curious if anyone has been able to completely disconnect from cable and what they did.
Vibe_Yaker

Post by Vibe_Yaker »

Waypoint works as app on AppleTV also. Better than channel as you can get old episodes.
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Dutch wrote:
tomg1112 wrote:Thank you to Limitless. I'll check it out.
Ditto. I hate Comcast. It's absurd what I pay for cable each month when I only watch about 20 channels and this was one of them. Thanks for the info! I'm curious if anyone has been able to completely disconnect from cable and what they did.
We dropped DIRECTV because it was just getting too expensive for the channels we watched. We now have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and a OTA antenna. (About $30 a month total plus internet bill) It works fine for the most part but if you want a lot of sports you will be out of luck. Hopefully one day the cable/satellite providers will start offering a la carte programming where you only pay for what you want.