Keaton Beach 2/9-2/10

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Grassman24

Keaton Beach 2/9-2/10

Post by Grassman24 »

Took my son and dad down to keaton and put the boat in friday afternoon around 3. Went north to yates creek and spring creek to fish some oyster bars on the rising tide. My son picked up 1 keeper trout on a very slow bite. Being hard headed i was determined that that location was holding the fish, so early saturday morning we made the 5 mile trek back to that area. We fished from yates up to spring warrior, this time picking up 6 keepers from 7:30 to 11 am, with a sloooow bite. Called a buddy of mine who came out around 9 am to see how they were doing, and he informed me that they already had their limit and were heading in. Swallowing my fisherman's pride, I of course asked where they caught em. Turns out, we made the 5 mile run for nothing. Headed back toward Dekle in the thick fog, dropped in around the 2-3 ft of water and for the next 2 hours, the 3 of us not only caught the rest of our limits, but got on unbelievable bite that landed each of us a trout on every third cast. Yes, i owe my friend a dinner, but it also just goes to show you that having a 14 year old son with a big ole trout on in the front of the boat, is just as fun as having a 77 year old father fighting one on the back of the boat at the same time too! Wish I had pictures to share, but who has time to snap pics when you are netting and taking fish off on both ends. Good Luck and the bite is great at keaton.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Keaton Beach 2/9-2/10

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Good deal. Great report. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

Wish I could have seen that action. Enjoy!
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Good report, glad ya found them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

Man that's cool!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Years ago, had a similar experience. Fog was too heavy and as I was idling out the Keaton channel, I heard fish rolling in front of the "beach". Pulled in and loaded the boat. Did that for several days until Shorty told me it was now a waste of time because a netter had gone out the night before and whipped out the school. Folks asked where we were catching, but no one believed us. Thank goodness! Sometimes we run over more fish than we catch!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Grassman24

Post by Grassman24 »

Going back down this weekend. The weather looks great. Hopefully, if we have the same luck, I will post some pics.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

MudDucker wrote: Sometimes we run over more fish than we catch!

Ain’t that the truth, I’m as guilty as anyone.