St. Marks report

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

coach

St. Marks report

Post by coach »

Can anyone give me a fishing report out of St. Marks? I will be there next weekend and hopefully the fish will be hungry.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks report

Post by Steve Stinson »

Coach -

We have been getting some cooler weather here about once a week. This is keeping the trout going from the flats to the creeks down toward Econfina. I haven't fished St. Marks area, but have found some trout and reds each of the past few weekends to the SE of St. Marks. Some bait (greenbacks) was starting to show up before this last cold snap. I have caught a couple Spanish and had a buddy hook a cobia, so you should be in good shape if the weather will get a little more consistently warm.

In my opinion, the larger fish are more toward Aucilla / Econfina right now, but I am biased because I live over that way.

Good Fishin' - Steve
coach

Post by coach »

Thanks Steve,
It looks like weather is going to right itself so hopefully they will make their way into the flats by next weekend!
DocHol45

Post by DocHol45 »

Went out in front of the lighthouse yesterday for about an hour and a half and caught some short trout and a good spanish. All on white Z Man Jerk Baits
coach

Post by coach »

Thanks Doc
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

Last week was spring break so I fished pretty hard Wednesday through Friday. Very tough and did not find a consistent bite. 44 degrees Wednesday morning and 20 mph wind did not help. Got frustrated so trailered over to Econfina. Water clarity much better, but still windy and tough fishing ( 1 trout and 1 flounder in the cooler). We really need some consistent warm weather to establish the spring bite.
Rhodes

Post by Rhodes »

We fished out of Rock landing in the Shell Point area on Friday (4/13) and only managed 6 keeper trout, 2 flounder, and 1 nice Spanish with only a few shorts. We also fished some bars for reds for a couple hours with zero results. The water was really murky from all the churning from the winds and there just didn't seem to be that much activity despite a 72 degree water temp. We then fished out of mashes sands in Ochloknee Bay Saturday morning. We were greeted again with high winds that just kept getting worse. We packed it in after about two hours due to a 17 mph sustained SE wind with gusts to 28 mpg! We did manage 1 nice 20" red and another short.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Way to tough it out. You probably should have fished Econfina Saturday. According to one anemometer, there was barely a breeze over there. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat