Econfina April 13th.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Carlabear

Econfina April 13th.

Post by Carlabear »

Great day trout fishing Econfina flats. No trout in one creek we went to briefly but did catch large trout in the flats using sinking mirrolures and jigs chartruse on the bottom. Had 3 over 20 23inches and rest 17.5 inches and up to 20. great day in spite of the wind and it did blow.......white caps and rolling waves. :smt006 :smt006
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina April 13th.

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: It was windy today, I'm surprised y"all could get out today, but sounds like it paid off! :wink:
Yours in the South
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Morning or afternoon?
Carlabear

Post by Carlabear »

We got out about 0900 and caught our fish scattered ....probably after 1000 and biting till about 230 . Down toward rock island.
tabb

Post by tabb »

Supposed to go this coming Saturday the 21. Hope weather is decent and fish bite. This will be first trip this year.
Oh yea hope boat and trailer have no issues either.
Sea Chaser

Post by Sea Chaser »

I’m somewhat new to the flats/bay fishing. We have Stayed at shell island fish camp in the past. The weekend of 4/21 we are staying at Econfina resort. Can I get a 21’ Sea chaser boat into the bay from that resort or would it be better to trailer it over to the public ramp in St. Marks? Have read the obstructions at the mouth of the Econfina river can be challenging.

Thanks in advance
Carlabear

Post by Carlabear »

The high tide is in the morning at 0730 is next weekend. The low tide is 1.5 around noon . you should have enough water all day if you know anything about econfina. I run a 22 deep vee 250 yami out of econfina grouper fishing but beware there are rocks everywhere close in and the channel isn't marked. Would be better to follow someone out the first time. also depends on the wind north wind and the tides will be below predicted. Make a south turn as you pass river channel run due south is the way we run out of the river. There is an oyster bar on the right past the channel marker marked with a pvc pipe.
POST A REPLY
Last edited by Carlabear on April 15th, 2018, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Sea Chaser wrote:I’m somewhat new to the flats/bay fishing. We have Stayed at shell island fish camp in the past. The weekend of 4/21 we are staying at Econfina resort. Can I get a 21’ Sea chaser boat into the bay from that resort or would it be better to trailer it over to the public ramp in St. Marks? Have read the obstructions at the mouth of the Econfina river can be challenging.

Thanks in advance
Man that’s a long way to trailer when your staying on the water. Someone that fishes there more will hopefully chime in, but I’m pretty sure if you have 1.5’ of water you can get in and out. Just follow someone that knows how to get out and follow your bread crumb trail back. Watch your tides. There are a few rocks, but not as bad as aucilla. Good luck, hope y’all wear em out
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Sea Chaser

Post by Sea Chaser »

Thanks guys, I will try and hook up with someone at the resort and follow them out. I’ll be in a sea foam color sea chaser with a t-top if anyone on here wants to say hello. Looking forward to the weekend.
Fishdawg

Post by Fishdawg »

I have a 22' Sea Chaser with a 150 Yamaha. We go out of Econfina all of the time. I will admit it scared me to death the first time I saw a very low tide at Econfina. It's really not that bad if you don't go out on low tide. Just give the river some time to rise and you will be just fine.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Ecofina has several rocks marked
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Sea Chaser

Post by Sea Chaser »

Thanks guys, we’re going to check it out Friday afternoon after I find a bait store that has live shrimp. Looking forward to spending some time on the flats Friday afternoon for some trout and Saturday morning hitting a reef or two for a grouper with cut bait.
Sea Chaser

Post by Sea Chaser »

Fishdawg wrote:I have a 22' Sea Chaser with a 150 Yamaha. We go out of Econfina all of the time. I will admit it scared me to death the first time I saw a very low tide at Econfina. It's really not that bad if you don't go out on low tide. Just give the river some time to rise and you will be just fine.
How do you like that sea chaser? We just upgraded to a 2018 21lx with a 150 Suki on it. This will be its maiden voyage to the gulf.
bigblister
Site Sponsor

Post by bigblister »

2 words - jack plate
Blister
Matthew 4:19
Fishdawg

Post by Fishdawg »

I just upgraded to the 22' Sea Chaser. I really like this boat, and I do have a jack plate. The main thing about the Econfina is watch out for the rocks that are marker. They are marked for a reason. Tight lines and be safe!