DIY fish campsite

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TCSO122

DIY fish campsite

Post by TCSO122 »

I have spent a considerable amount of time this year between Econfina and Carrabelle fishing. I have noticed a lot of people buying small lots near the water, building a metal truss pole barn and parking a rv/camper under it along with a boat. I am interested if any members have this set up? I know it is restricted around Carrabelle but should be no problem eastward. I'm thinking 10k for an acre, 4 k for pole barn and then of course well and septic/electric. Just a thought it would be an awesome cheap way to get away every weekend for minimal expense.
willfishforfood

Re: DIY fish campsite

Post by willfishforfood »

Not to mention when a hurricane comes that it would be a simple pickup and move instead of worrying if your place is going to make it through the night. I've been interested about this too so hopefully a few people will respond
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

You see that sort of Camp around ecofina and maybe aucilla. But there aren’t many I can think of between st marks and Lanark. I think there are restrictions especially waterfront. Someone that owns $500,000-$1,000,000 on waterfront property may not want a pole barn and an rv next door. But there are plenty in the ecofina area, that would probably be a good place to start. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
TCSO122

Post by TCSO122 »

I was at Indian pass last weekend and noticed about 5 set ups like this on the bay waterfront. Owner of the Indian pass campground advised the real estate agents are trying to put a stop to it because of what you mentioned, lowers property values for those who have homes. I’ll have to check out around Aucilla area, I prefer it there anyways less commercialized.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

PM Skeeter-Bite on here--Capt. Steve Hobbs. He has a lot down near Keaton Beach that he might be interested in selling. If nothing else, he would be a good source of information. Blue Spinner also has a similar set-up at the RV park near the Econfina State Park. He did have a second one for sale with RV but may have sold it by now.

There is also a primitive campground near Hickory Mound WMA. Believe it's state land. I've seen some tent campers there before and have considered it myself but you'd need a jon or kayak to launch at the ramp there. Not too far to trailer back to Econfina, however. Bring plenty of Thermocells and citronella candles if you go that route. :lol:
Last edited by silverking on May 14th, 2018, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I know this is a little different from your original post but it was a cool project and something to consider. It came across my desk this afternoon through the Outdoor Life feed.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/how-i-turne ... =ene051418
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
rammerjammer
Site Sponsor

Post by rammerjammer »

I have had a place in Econfina for years and absolutely love it. Nice folks, good neighbors and reasonable fees. :thumbup: