Annual Boat Ramp Pass

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Boudreux

Annual Boat Ramp Pass

Post by Boudreux »

Does anybody know where to purchase an annual boat ramp pass? I usually just pay the 5 or 10 dollars but it may make more sense depending on how the pass can be used. If you buy an annual pass does that only work for one specific ramp or do they make a pass that will work at all boat ramps? It seems the latter would make more sense. I fish from several different places and it wouldn't make sense to buy a pass for one specific ramp. Thanks
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Annual Boat Ramp Pass

Post by silverking »

Wakulla County sells annual passes good for all the county-maintained ramps like Mashes Sands, Rock Landing, Fort in St. Marks, Levy Bay, Shell Point, etc. Buy through the county parks and rec office or RMS Tackle in Medart.

Franklin County does the same thing. Lanark ramp is privately owned. Now need to be a club member to launch there for single use or buy an annual pass.

The lighthouse ramp is federally-owned. Can buy a pass or duck stamp which is good for unlimited launches there. The visitor's center sells them.

You can buy passes for any of the state parks, too. Good for nearly all, with a couple exceptions, none around here. Will cover you at Ochlocknee, SGI and St. Joe for sure.

Some of these offer veteran's discounts. If you're a vet, be sure to ask.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

You can also now get Taylor County ramp pass online.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
RedHillsTurkeyCalls

Post by RedHillsTurkeyCalls »

@silverking

Seriously!!?

My duck stamp paid for launching at the lighthouse?

Never duck hunt there...even out of season it covers it?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Yep, unless they changed it recently, a duck stamp allows entry and unlimited launches even out of season. The only drawback is it's not calendar year but fiscal, so you need to buy it soon after it's available to maximize the yield. Can't remember for sure but think it expires end of June and new one starts July 1? Maybe someone else can confirm. I launched there a lot with the Micro but with the new skiff the run downriver from Shields isn't bad at all so I didn't buy one this year.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Still works for launch. Note: If you buy one on July 1st (which is the new stamp date) or within a few days, make sure you check and are getting the latest year from them. Because if you walk out with 2 of them that you bought and did not check you are SOL. Don't ask me how I know. :smt011 :smt010 :smt011

Edit: It is also nice to buy it from St Marks because they give you a little piece of cardboard that you can put on your dash instead of leaving your Stamp on the dash (which if you are like me is affixed to the back of your license that you need to have with you to fish!).
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
RedHillsTurkeyCalls

Post by RedHillsTurkeyCalls »

Lol...well member dues here just paid for itself! :D

I never would have known or to ever ask. Beer for the original poster!

Heck I should be able to get a couple launches before the 30th.
UFBeef

Post by UFBeef »

So the Walulla Co pass you pay $40 for at Crums covers the ramp at the Fort? I thought that was maintained by the city of St. Marks?
Ebryant

Post by Ebryant »

In Wakulla, you get one for $25.00 if you're a senior.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Sorry UFBeef, I stand corrected. Apparently the fort ramp is a city ramp. I always launch at Shields. Pretty sure they sell annual passes at the St. Marks City Hall.

Cut and pasting this from the Wakulla County Parks & Rec. Dept.:

The list below is of the County owned and maintained Boat Ramps. For further information please contact the Parks Department at (850) 926-7227.

Wakulla River Upper Bridge Boat Ramp- 2449 Shadeville RD
N T Smith Boat Ramp- Surf Rd., Ochlocknee Bay, FL
Bottoms Road Boat Ramp – Bottoms Rd., Panacea, FL
Levy Bay Boat Ramp – Levy Bay Rd., Panacea, FL
Mash Island Park Boat Ramp – Mashes Sands Rd., Ochlockonee Bay
Newport Park Boat Ramp – Hwy. 98 at St. Marks River, Newport
Rock Landing Boat Ramp – Rock Landing St., Panacea
Shell Point Boat Ramp (Kayak & Hobie-Cat Only) – Shell Pt. Beach
Shell Point Boat Ramp - 1549 Shell Point RD. Shell Pt. Beach
Wakulla River Lower Bridge Boat Ramp – Hwy. 98 at Wakulla River Bridge, St. Marks

Passes can be purchased at the Park Office 79 Recreation Dr or one of these locations
Wakulla County Tax Collectors Office, Crum's Mini Mall or Angies Marine Supply