REDTROUT SHOOTOUT JUNE 30TH

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RedTrout

REDTROUT SHOOTOUT JUNE 30TH

Post by RedTrout »

The 10th Annual Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boating Center RedTrout Shootout presented by United Rentals is going down on SATURDAY, JUNE 30TH, 2018!

Cash rewards will be paid out to the top 10 teams weighing in the heaviest combined weight of (1) redfish & (1) seatrout.

Teams will also have the option to register for additional bonus money given out for Big Red, Big Trout, Red w/ Most Spots and Luck Of The Draw. With an entry fee of $75.00 per angler (On or by June 24) and a Guarnteed cash purse of over $10,000, you and your crew will want to get registered today!

This unique inshore fishing tournament allows teams to launch their boat at any boat ramp, fish their favorite holes and then weigh their catch in at Bass Pro Shops located at 4059 Lagniappe Way, Tallahassee, FL.

Payouts are as follows:
1. $2500
2. $1000
3. $800
4. $700
5. $600
6. $500
7. $400
8. $300
9. $200
10. $100
11. 2019 Free Angler Entry
12. 2019 Free Angler Entry
13. 2019 Free Angler Entry
14. 2019 Free Angler Entry
15. 2019 Free Angler Entry

BIG RED - $1000
BIG TROUT - $1000
RED W/ MOST SPOTS - $500
LUCK OF THE DRAW - $500

For more information, visit our website at http://www.redtroutshootout.com or contact Brian Hurley at (850) 528-0553.

[URL=http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: REDTROUT SHOOTOUT JUNE 30TH

Post by Gulf Coast »

Brian, what the reason for the 7:00 lines in ? Just curious.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Anyone have the results? Not posted on the site or FB.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Hey Dave,
I left weigh-in before final results, but I suspect a lot of NFGFC members finished in the money. Did not see ANY combos of monster red AND big trout. Lots of reds in 5-6lb range, paired with 2lb trout. Off top of my head, I remember combos like that from Gary Zellner, Doug Tran, Huck Finn. Chasing Tail won the Luck of the Draw (only reason I went to weigh-in). I paddled Big Cove, Deep Creek, and the refuge levees all day, getting lots of slot trout, but nothing over 19 inches. As in a tourney last month, all my spots that used to give up 26-27" redfish are now holding reds of 28-31 inches. A friend who also fishes those creeks caught 2 overslot reds there last week. Can you use your pull with CCA to petition raising the red slot to 30 inches? Just kidding.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

There was a Facebook live video of the weigh In with the winners .
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

And more than 24 hours after it ended there are still no results posted on the official tournament website? :roll:

Not the best public relations posture for the organizers or presenting sponsors.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Showman and Cramer won the overall with a nice trout about 24" and a 6.5 lb red.
Me and Hobbs had a 7 lb red that was the biggest one until boat 49 weighed in with a 7.3 lb red. We ended up in 5th place.
Gary and Patty Zelner finished in the money.
Chris McEachran and Tad finished in the money.
I believe Jimmy Milton and George finished in the money.
Doug Saunders who headed up the Big Bend Saltwater Classic this year had the biggest trout at 4.6 lbs

The water is nasty from Rock Isl. all the way to Cobb's Rock and smells like the paper plant in Perry when you churn it up with your outboard.
Storms started in Perry and moved West toward St. Marks chasing most boats in by about 2 or 2:30 pm.

- Steve Stinson
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks Steve. You should get an extra cut of the prize money for spreading the news. :wink:

Congrats to Showman, Cramer and all the winners. :thumbup: Knew it was going to be tough conditions out there.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Here are the results from the RedTrout Shootout!
1. Boss Hawg 10.8 lbs.
2. John Vatter 9.4 lbs.
3. United Rentals/Sperry 9.0 lbs.
4. RDS 8.15 lbs.
5. Skeeter Bite 8.11 lbs.
6. Bite Me 8.8 lbs.
7. Castaway Customs 8.7 lbs.
8. Gin & Juice 8.6 lbs.
9. By Polar 8.5 lbs.
10. Lucky Strike 8.3 lbs.
11. Off The Chain 8.2 lbs.

12. Barhoppin’ 8.0 lbs.
13. Welch Land Development 7.15 lbs.
14. Gone Fishin 7.14 lbs.
15. Red Hills Turkey Calls 7.12 lbs.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

RedHillsTurkeyCalls

Post by RedHillsTurkeyCalls »

Our story is like a lot of folks...either or the other fish was a top 5 but couldn't pair it with a nice one of the other :)

Congrats to all the winners.

Had fun meeting some of you guys and enjoyed the day on the water with 2 of my boys.

Looking forward to the next one...already paid.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Good to see all the club folks again. Enjoyed meeting The Vatters. It was a Beautiful morning of fishing and a cool venue for weigh in.

Always hard to win big red, but we knew we had a good one. Alternatively, didn’t think the trout would carry us very far. Tournaments are a bell curve though; never assume you’ve won or lost until you get to weigh in. Been a good series of tournaments the past couple months. Thanks to all the sponsors and hosts.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Congratulations Brian
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven