Let’s talk coolers

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Re: Let’s talk coolers

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

I’m not above rigging something up, I’m definitely not the preppy mans fishing guide. I’m going to iCast this week and plan on getting an eye full down there. I guess I need to look into the Engels and check the weight.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

fishinfool wrote:I have had one of these on my boat for about 5-6 years

https://www.igloocoolers.com/collection ... oler-white

It has given me good service, but I must admit that I do not carry it in and out of the boat. That being said I can't attest to the handle strength.
Same one I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

I have had an Icey Tek for ten years or so. It's not finished as nice as a Yeti but it has done everything I have asked of it; fish, deer, geese and beer :D
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

wally wrote:I have had an Icey Tek for ten years or so. It's not finished as nice as a Yeti but it has done everything I have asked of it; fish, deer, geese and beer :D
How is the hernia doing? [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
boomhauer

Post by boomhauer »

I picked up a 94qt igloo on sale for about 70$ two years ago.... then bought the stainless hinges and snaps that igloo sells separately..... then took some stainless small bolts with fender washers and 5200 and through bolted 4 of them through each handle .... the fender washers and locknuts on the inside.
All in for about 110$ or 120$...
Very light to move in and out of boats and very durable.
These igloo typically last me about 15 years, so I can build 1 every 10 years for the price of a yeti and no one wants to steal them!
cotton

Post by cotton »

Not that this helps since RTIC is basically a knockoff of yeti. But for 1/2 the price, I belive you get an equivalent or better cooler.

I’m very happy with mine.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

boomhauer wrote:I picked up a 94qt igloo on sale for about 70$ two years ago.... then bought the stainless hinges and snaps that igloo sells separately..... then took some stainless small bolts with fender washers and 5200 and through bolted 4 of them through each handle .... the fender washers and locknuts on the inside.
All in for about 110$ or 120$...
Very light to move in and out of boats and very durable.
These igloo typically last me about 15 years, so I can build 1 every 10 years for the price of a yeti and no one wants to steal them!
They have a igloo marine model now that comes with the stainless ones already, I cant remember which one it is but it also has a solid lid so you can stand on it.
onthechew

Post by onthechew »

K-2 coolers on line. Factory blemished at half a yeti price. Can’t even see the blemish.Great coolers I have a couple.
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Upgrade one of the marine extreme types with igloo SS hinges, latches and their heavy duty SS rope handle bracket, works pretty well with my old 120qt marine cooler. I think thelarger number of screws spreads the stress out sone. You may have to make the rope w/wood handle but thats easy.

http://www.coolcoolerparts.com/ststbr.html
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150