Reds and Specks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Bullet

Reds and Specks

Post by Bullet »

I apologize for the very late post.
A couple of weeks ago, my buds and I ventured out to test the waters near the lighthouse.
We had a couple of outstanding days even though bait was an issue. The morning tides were very nice and in the afternoon, the water was ripping out.
Some results.
Tight lines

Bullet
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Reds and Specks

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: Nicely done! You had 5 guys on your boat?
Yours in the South
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Busted. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

The other guys are just camera shy....nobody would post illegal fish on a public forum.
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

eightwt wrote:The other guys are just camera shy....nobody would post illegal fish on a public forum.
Oddly enough I was just talking with an FWC friend this morning who said they busted a guy that posted a sailfish pic on facebook. It looked undersize but since they had already cleaned and disposed of the carcuss they couldn't get them on that. They did however write him to federal tickets for not reporting the fish and not having a permit to harvest it.
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

This looks very FISHY !!!!
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

tailwaters wrote:
eightwt wrote:The other guys are just camera shy....nobody would post illegal fish on a public forum.
Oddly enough I was just talking with an FWC friend this morning who said they busted a guy that posted a sailfish pic on facebook. It looked undersize but since they had already cleaned and disposed of the carcuss they couldn't get them on that. They did however write him to federal tickets for not reporting the fish and not having a permit to harvest it.
I saw that picture and it did look too short. Buddy of mine caught one in Mexico Beach last week in 70’ and saw another free jumper. He was safely released. Wonder why all of the sudden they’re showing up so close to shore.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

tailwaters wrote:
When bragging on social media goes wrong
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Think I saw ya. Y'all split up and were hitting all my spots! Glad y'all had fun. Please check with me before fishing them. :-D :lol: If you were where I think, we rarely get nice specks like that, so good work!

I think y'all also moved off just in time, because if you are who I think, I hooked a monster bull on a tiny mullet. Only saw him briefly before he chomped the leader. Thank goodness he did not spool me.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

DixieReb wrote::thumbup: Nicely done! You had 5 guys on your boat?
That group from Dothan is usually quite a few fishermen. One or two boats pulled up on the bars, guys wading
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Yes, 5 fishing but only 3 catching. Unfortunately, some of our guys experience fishing envy :lol:
Tight lines

Bullet
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I know I do.. but I plan to slay a few kings tomorrow and cure it. I'm in Cottonwood and going solo . If ya wanna go shoot me an email.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:I know I do.. but I plan to slay a few kings tomorrow and cure it. I'm in Cottonwood and going solo . If ya wanna go shoot me an email.
Why are you going after dog food with a few days left in snapper season :lol:
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Salty Gator wrote:
Juan wrote:I know I do.. but I plan to slay a few kings tomorrow and cure it. I'm in Cottonwood and going solo . If ya wanna go shoot me an email.
LOL. The snapper come first but it won't take long to put two snaps in the cooler and then I have to catch something and it's gonna be HOT so trolling sounds like a plan. :-D I don't plan to keep one. I doubt my dogs would eat it. :-D
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
LOL. The snapper come first but it won't take long to put two snaps in the cooler and then I have to catch something and it's gonna be HOT so trolling sounds like a plan. :-D I don't plan to keep one. I doubt my dogs would eat it. :-D
That’s funny , they are fun to catch. A buddy caught a legit 40-50 pounder. We tried t revive and release it but I fear it ended up as crab food. I can’t post pics here anymore. I’ll text you a pic