Yeti type coolers

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

guthooked
Site Sponsor

Re: Yeti type coolers

Post by guthooked »

I have an Engel 65 I keep under my leaning post and it is great. About 30% less than a comp Yeti. I would seriously look at the Artic coolers as well.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

I would definitely look into RTIC. I've had both Yeti and Pelican coolers in the past and currently own 3 RTIC'S and they perform as good as the others at half the price. :-D
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

One Keeper wrote:I would definitely look into RTIC. I've had both Yeti and Pelican coolers in the past and currently own 3 RTIC'S and they perform as good as the others at half the price. :-D
I looked yesterday, not exactly half price. A 65 yeti is $350 a 65 rtic is $240
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Salty Gator wrote:
One Keeper wrote:I would definitely look into RTIC. I've had both Yeti and Pelican coolers in the past and currently own 3 RTIC'S and they perform as good as the others at half the price. :-D
MY BAD! :roll:
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

One Keeper wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
MY BAD! :roll:
No problem :roll:
cotton

Post by cotton »

Salty Gator wrote:
Apples to Oranges.
Look at the internal sizes.
RTIC 45 holds 45 quarts
YETI 45 holds 37 quarts
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

cotton wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
Apples to Oranges.
Look at the internal sizes.
RTIC 45 holds 45 quarts
YETI 45 holds 37 quarts
I mentioned previously that I didn’t believe brand mattered and I own and am happy with both. I was just pointing out that the rtic coolers have gotten a little more expensive than in the past ( they used to be about half the price of a yeti)...and now are a little more than 2/3 of the cost. :beer:
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

I saw the Orcas in Gulf Coast Lumber the other day! I can’t believe this but I’m about to invest in 1 of these fancy smancys. This is so against the grain for me. You’re talking about a guy who still calls Gulf Coast Limber the BUILDING CENTER lol! I don’t know what’s more annoying, Yeti cooler mania or Dixie Outfitters palooza from years past.

But seriously...I’m not getting any more nimble. It’s time to retire the swivel bucket seat from the front of my jon boat. And this is just fun information to hear but I’m also getting FAT lol! I’d wear out the top of a normal cooler in a summer. So I don’t care about saving money on ice so much but I need a good seat and the mass and construction of the bigger better coolers look great for that. I’m going to check out the Ozark Trails coolers tonight and if they have the rubber bottoms on the corners there’s no reason to get a Yeti, but with my big tail the rubber bottom is important.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

BloodyChamp wrote:I saw the Orcas in Gulf Coast Lumber the other day! I can’t believe this but I’m about to invest in 1 of these fancy smancys. This is so against the grain for me. You’re talking about a guy who still calls Gulf Coast Limber the BUILDING CENTER lol! I don’t know what’s more annoying, Yeti cooler mania or Dixie Outfitters palooza from years past.

But seriously...I’m not getting any more nimble. It’s time to retire the swivel bucket seat from the front of my jon boat. And this is just fun information to hear but I’m also getting FAT lol! I’d wear out the top of a normal cooler in a summer. So I don’t care about saving money on ice so much but I need a good seat and the mass and construction of the bigger better coolers look great for that. I’m going to check out the Ozark Trails coolers tonight and if they have the rubber bottoms on the corners there’s no reason to get a Yeti, but with my big tail the rubber bottom is important.
Look at the Lifetime coolers as well, they have the rubber antiskid corners and are of similar construction
GusMccrae

Post by GusMccrae »

Take the family on a vacation to Smokey Mountains. Go to Coleman outlet and buy Coleman Xtreme 50qt for $30. Loaded with ice it weighs about the same as empty Yeti/RTIC. Probably not a great casting platform, but just as good of a cooler.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

I grabbed the 26 QT Ozark Trails one. It has some cheaper rubber bottoms but they will work and I can always buy some rubber surface pieces to stick on them since they are flat. Everything else is just as well crafted as the Yeti tbh.

And FYI the old guy in the tackle section of Walmart in Apalachee Parkway is an A HOLE.
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

ORCA... made in Tennessee USA with a lifetime no hassle warranty. I have 2 in my bay boat (one is driver seat, 75qt. And one is fish box, 140qt.) I too like the durability of them, but they keep ice well also. Broke a rubber latch one time, called ORCA, didn’t have my receipt, and received a pack of 2 new latches 2 days later free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk