Pelican Bass Raider in Saltwater?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CoastalPirate
Site Sponsor

Pelican Bass Raider in Saltwater?

Post by CoastalPirate »

Hey first time poster here, I recently got a pelican bass raider 10 and was wondering if yall had seen anyone fishing with it in saltwater? Im curious because I want to use it at St. Marks and St. George Sound if it is possible. Thanks for the help!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: Pelican Bass Raider in Saltwater?

Post by wevans »

expect any metal that's not Alum. or SS to begin rusting fairly quick. Other than that, the boat should do fine.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Bray

Post by Bray »

I know this thread is a blast from the past but have you been using it in the salt. I’m in nc and am considering one for the marsh. How is it with boat traffic and sometimes fairly big wakes. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Bray wrote:I know this thread is a blast from the past but have you been using it in the salt. I’m in nc and am considering one for the marsh. How is it with boat traffic and sometimes fairly big wakes. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As good as a small Gheenoe.

I'd want a manual bilge pump and keep things light. I have a 9.4 water tender that I use offshore(dinghy) to fish the flats and it does fine. They sell a bass version(sundolphin) that appears exactly the same but a different color.