NFGFC members

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NFGFC

NFGFC members

Post by NFGFC »

As you know we’ve all spoken about the monthly meetings we have and how each month we lose money on the raffles etc
Since making it where we can register online for the monthly tournaments it has cost us a lot of bodies at the meetings making the meetings the same five or six people each month.

What does everyone think about going to a FB live meeting each month? No raffles, there will be a specific time each month where we go live with all the Info needed and anyone can ask a question by joining in on the FB live. This gives those who can’t make the meetings, who have to work, who live far away etc. have a chance to chime in and still get the info they need. And for those who can’t login during the Facebook live the recording will be there so you can go over it at a later time

We would still have our one big meeting at the beginning of the year in February/ March to go over the year etc

Opinions???
Spotted tails

Re: NFGFC members

Post by Spotted tails »

As I said on Facebook. There’s no need to have meetings if it’s costing money. I can say I’ve only attend a few of them due to living over an hour away from the meeting location. I support this decision and I’m sure it’ll make it easier on the club president also.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Also as posted on Facebook - My preferences in order.
1. Continue the meetings and adjust the raffle as necessary. There is a group of club members that enjoys meeting monthly for beer, wings and fishing discussion whether they fish tournaments or not. I also wonder if removing the guest speaker opportunity would diminish our value to our sponsors.
2. Do away with the meeting completely and hold a briefing 30 minutes before tournament blast off. This would require all of us leaving from the same ramp.
3. On line meetings as described above. Another alternative to this would be to insist on a valid email for each tournament participant, email the rules and set a questions deadline. Answers to any questions would need to be provided to ALL tournament entrants. This is similar to how large bid construction projects are sent out for RFP and it works pretty well.

- Steve Stinson
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Steve Stinson wrote:Also as posted on Facebook - My preferences in order.
1. Continue the meetings and adjust the raffle as necessary. There is a group of club members that enjoys meeting monthly for beer, wings and fishing discussion whether they fish tournaments or not. I also wonder if removing the guest speaker opportunity would diminish our value to our sponsors.
2. Do away with the meeting completely and hold a briefing 30 minutes before tournament blast off. This would require all of us leaving from the same ramp.
3. On line meetings as described above. Another alternative to this would be to insist on a valid email for each tournament participant, email the rules and set a questions deadline. Answers to any questions would need to be provided to ALL tournament entrants. This is similar to how large bid construction projects are sent out for RFP and it works pretty well.

- Steve Stinson
#1 - what is our agreement with Beef's ? Do we have a rental fee? A minimum purchase agreement? Is there ANY cost related to meeting at Beefs?

#2 - always a fan of ramp specific tournaments, and ok with ridding of the meetings. Though, that would mean more accessible ramps and adjustments based on forecast tides a year in advance.

#3 - we already have a method of question share... here on BBF. Granted, BBF and NFGFC are two completely different organizations - if Barry is cool with it, we utilize this as an Official space and NFGFC maintain a "sponsor" status of BBF, and the same of BBF to NFGFC (mutual handshake, nothing monetary - drives traffic to each other)

If we get rid of the meetings, then we need to put more of a focus on the weigh-ins and bring back food after the tourney - something to cause people to show up to weigh-ins.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
RedHillsTurkeyCalls

Post by RedHillsTurkeyCalls »

For the sake of the Club...I would check into why new members can't get a response as to the status of their paid membership/dues remittance.

(via website posted admin email addresses and form page for remitting questions)

I wasn't expecting a red carpet roll out, but a "hey we got your money, welcome to the Club....now shut up and fish" response would have been sufficient.

I got enough T shirts :)
littlejohn
Site Sponsor

Post by littlejohn »

I think ending the monthly meet will be the start of the end for the club.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Chris -

At this time, there is no cost to using the back room at Beef O Brady's.

The idea with the email notifications is to have one source for all communication. If a dispute arises in a tournament, you are going to have somebody say they didn't get the message from BBF or Facebook or where ever it happened to be posted. If you send an email to everybody on the entry list, we all get the same answers at the same time even to the questions we didn't ask.
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Yes there’s no cost for beef O Brady’s.
We Will start with scaling down the raffles in hopes of not losing money but again as much as everyone likes the meetings it’s the same 5-10 people that attend every month.
We like the meetings so don’t get us wrong in that aspect.

We’re working on getting an automatic email sent out welcoming you to the club when you register online as a member.
Most all our members sign up within the first two months of our tournaments we really don’t get a whole lot of people that sign up after that.
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

RedHillsTurkeyCalls wrote:For the sake of the Club...I would check into why new members can't get a response as to the status of their paid membership/dues remittance.

(via website posted admin email addresses and form page for remitting questions)

I wasn't expecting a red carpet roll out, but a "hey we got your money, welcome to the Club....now shut up and fish" response would have been sufficient.

I got enough T shirts :)

Mr. Bellamy,
After some digging it looks like you signed up as a member during our July tournament and it got mixed in with the rest of our clubs normal tournament entries etc. We did receive your info and payment and we do welcome you to the club.
We are working on an automatic letter to be sent out so that we don’t miss things like this when they happen in the future.
RedHillsTurkeyCalls

Post by RedHillsTurkeyCalls »

Well that info makes me feel included...thank you sir!
NFGFC

Post by NFGFC »

Sorry about that! We definitely didn’t mean to make you feel left out.
Redfin
Site Sponsor

Post by Redfin »

So many hurt feelings.... get it together.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

ok, here's my 2 cents...

I personally think that the meetings are fun and essential to the club, but we have to figure out why people aren't coming any more. So here are the reasons that I think people aren't coming any more.

1. Same raffle prizes that people have already
2. Lack of guest speaker
3. Ease of signing up online.
**Not in any specific order

So, my thought to help with some of this is to have a "grand prize" (member only) for the meetings and maybe even the tournaments. In this example, I would hope to get a sponsor like Power Pole to donate a power pole or give power pole at cost. They can essentially be the title sponsor and every time someone comes to the meeting or fish a tournament, you get a grand prize raffle ticket. Winner to be drawn at our end of year banquet (must be present to win). Also, maybe we could switch up the venue of the meeting to every other at Beef's. Not sure where else could accommodate but I'm sure some folks on here could suggest another place. We might get more folks new to the meeting that didn't want to travel to Beef's. As far as the online sign up, that one is easy by adding a higher fee to pay online. I would raise it to $10-$15 to sign up online. That money would also go to the club for our banquet and help pay for our online site. As far as guest speakers go, I think this one is the toughest as I know we have had guest speakers scheduled, but things come up and they cancel. I'm not a guide, but if I were a guide, I would be glad to get in front of a crowd and advertise my business. We fish from Steinhatchee to St. Joe, so getting charter captains from our region to come up and talk and get dinner on the club. Also, getting t.v. personalities didn't hurt either. I know I was able to secure C.A. Richardson with a sponsorship from Steve Stinson and Meridian Surveying.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

A couple of things I would add to Jim's post above -
1. The club needs to decide if we are just going to focus on tournaments or continue with the meetings. We have groups of members who enjoy both. If it's decided to continue both efforts, then don't cancel the meetings just because a tournament gets postponed. Equal priority should be given to all services the club decides to provide. In fact, if a tournament gets canceled that's actually a BETTER time to get together, drink beer and tell lies. :beer:

2. On the out of town tournaments it would be good to put more time between the meeting and the tournament. I personally missed the last meeting because I worked late Thursday evening the went home to pack and hook the boat up in order to leave for Steinhatchee early Friday morning. Anybody who wants to pre-fish for a out of town tournament will have a tough time making the meeting. (This coming from a guy who works for himself. It would be harder for somebody working 8 to 5 for an employer).
The folks at Good Times in Steinhatchee were very appreciative of Andrew and I staying with them and eating in their restaurant, but I think we were the only ones from NFGFC to do so.

Good Fishin' - Steve Stinson