A week since the last fishing report!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

A week since the last fishing report!

Post by Juan »

A week is a long time. Is no one fishing / catching? :-D

My latest trip wasn't really post worthy but since there's been no reports in almost a week..
I managed two red fish, (one over and one under slot), 67 trout (2 legal biggest 18") and I think half a million ladyfish and baby croakers a couple days ago in Panama City. The over slot red fish was a strange catch for me... caught on about a 6" trout I had hooked and was planing back to the boat on top of the water when the red jumped completely out of the water and engulfed the trout. Never had that happen before. The water over here is still the color of dark coffee and it's hotter than you know where but it beats sitting on the couch. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Srbenda

Re: A week since the last fishing report!

Post by Srbenda »

I went out yesterday, inshore was a total bust. Nothing but catfish and ladyfish hitting baits. However, the water was calm, and managed to grab 2 Spanish out near Dog Ballard as they were chasing schools of bait. Lots of porpoises around though, and the bottom fishing seemed to be non-existent. I'm assuming the porpoise scared everything back into their crevices.

Live shrimp should have been attractive?
All photos copyright @saverymill
dudewheresmyplug

Post by dudewheresmyplug »

My guess is the few people that are finding fish are not willing to give up such valuable information right now. I will say that water quality is still pretty much terrible from yates creek all the way up to the Aucilla river (Don't get much west of there so i can't speak for St. Marks). Tough fishing within a few hundred yards of the grass line. I don't spend much time drifting the deeper water so i can't speak to that. I do know that if you can find some cleaner water you will find fish more consistently right now. I've been fishing out of Keaton Beach the last month and been pretty successful.
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Saturday story for another day, but to sum it up, no fish and lost the plug out of my boat. Fortunately I was still stubbornly fishing the Rock Garden so not too much harm. Cant believe the hard plastic external screw in plug worked itself loose, but I tightened it as always before leaving home.

On a brighter note, went to the beach at SGI yesterday. The water was crystal clear and no grass, maybe never seen it prettier there. Has to be a hopeful sign.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report Rick, I’ve been fishing for something a little different the last couple of months
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Salty Gator wrote:Thanks for the report Rick, I’ve been fishing for something a little different the last couple of months
Had any bites? :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/