weather

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

weather

Post by JIm Smith »

our prayers go out for all you in the storms path
Shrike

Re: weather

Post by Shrike »

Any updates on St. Marks/Shell Island? Fear its gonna be bad. Hope all safe.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

St. Marks was flooding last night on the high tide. Yes, it's going to be bad. Already heard of docks washing away in Lanark. Dog Island could erode in two on the narrow west end. Michael is going to change the landscape, for sure.

Everyone stay safe!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Praying for everyone there. Please be careful.
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

Good luck fellas! We're praying for you guys and gals!
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Mexico beach got hammered not much left of it from what I saw from pics and videos
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Got over 8" of rain, lost the roof to the green house, barn and out building, huge 100+ year old trees down everywhere and two across the neighbor's house but I don't think my house is damaged and no one was hurt. Praying any one else who was in it's path faired as well or better.
The last hurricane I remember that was any where near as bad as this one was Donna and I think that was 1960. :(
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

My little place at St James survived, but the water undermined my porch concrete and the porch is nearly a total loss. However, after looking at Mexico Beach, I'm blessed.

I ate dinner at the table next to the Lowndes County 911 center director and he had dire warnings. However, we never lost power and only got winds of about 40mph top. I've got some debris down here, but that appears to be all.

I continue to pray for those affected!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

It was way worse down the road, I'll take the blessing since my wife went through it alone while I was 10hrs away.

procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Just got my power back.

In East Tallahassee(8 miles east of downtown) and have been to St Marks if anyone has any questions.

St marks pretty much set records for surge but most boats fared well. Reports vary but i'd guess 7' of surge over normal high tide or about 6' overall. I have a trawler in the water @ shields so you can imagine my nerves. No damage. I only saw 2 boats that sunk but one did float away(Last I heard it was MIA/was on a individual display rack in front of the barn).

The Storm on this side of Tallahassee was mild with some good gusts. I'd guess 60mph but bet it felt like 80 to others. The Bouy @ Shell Point recorded a max gust of 75mph and sustained winds in in the 60's.
Browning Slayer
Site Sponsor

Post by Browning Slayer »

procraftwes wrote:Just got my power back.

In East Tallahassee(8 miles east of downtown) and have been to St Marks if anyone has any questions.

St marks pretty much set records for surge but most boats fared well. Reports vary but i'd guess 7' of surge over normal high tide or about 6' overall. I have a trawler in the water @ shields so you can imagine my nerves. No damage. I only saw 2 boats that sunk but one did float away(Last I heard it was MIA/was on a individual display rack in front of the barn).

The Storm on this side of Tallahassee was mild with some good gusts. I'd guess 60mph but bet it felt like 80 to others. The Bouy @ Shell Point recorded a max gust of 75mph and sustained winds in in the 60's.

Fish camp was saying the surge was 1.5 foot higher then Dennis.
If there's not a life after fishing, I don't want to live it.....
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Browning Slayer wrote:
procraftwes wrote:Just got my power back.

Fish camp was saying the surge was 1.5 foot higher then Dennis.
6" from Dennis measured in person from the previous water mark @ Shields and from what i've seen different parts of St Marks got heights.
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

How is Shell Island looking for getting back operational? We we hoping to stay there and go to the Crab Festival, but fear all that is off.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Shrike wrote:How is Shell Island looking for getting back operational? We we hoping to stay there and go to the Crab Festival, but fear all that is off.

Looked like they got hit the hardest.. Check out my post from the other thread about road conditions for pictures.

Looks like all the cabins flooded.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

silverking wrote:St. Marks was flooding last night on the high tide. Yes, it's going to be bad. Already heard of docks washing away in Lanark. Dog Island could erode in two on the narrow west end. Michael is going to change the landscape, for sure.

Everyone stay safe!
It looked like half of the docks washed up at my place. Dog Island and St George's island both got hammered bad. 98 from the bay bridge to Lanark was a single lane road that you had to dodge around debris piles. Lots of wood, propane tanks, hot water heaters and the occasional boat.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!