RIP George HW Bush

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

RIP George HW Bush

Post by silverking »

Another member of the Greatest Generation has left us after former President George Herbert Walker Bush passed away last night. Reportedly the youngest pilot in the Navy at 18, he flew torpedo bomber missions in the Pacific and was shot down in WWII. Served his nation in many other capacities, including as envoy to China, CIA Director, vice president and the 41st president of the United States. A true patriot and a class act! salute3
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
edif

Re: RIP George HW Bush

Post by edif »

What Silver King Said...RIP Sir.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

One of the best! RIP salute2
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Didn't agree with all of his policies, but never questioned that he was a fine man and a patriot. RIP GHB
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

GEO.BUSH WAS A GREAT MAN, BOTH IN THE NAVY AND AS PRESIDENT OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY. I FLEW TBF'S IN THE MARINE CORP. ALONG WITH GEO. BUSH IN THE NAVY, WE FLEW SEVERAL MISSIONS IN THE SAME ATTACK SQUADS. WE GOT THE MISSION FINISHED AS SCHEDULED WITH SEVERAL WAR SHIPS AND A TROUP SHIP SUNK. HAD A CASUAL TALK WITH GEO. BEFORE WE TOOK OFF ABOUT HOW THE MARINES WOULD SINK MORE SHIPS THAN THE NAVY, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. WE COULD NOT HAVE HAD A GREATER PRESIDENT THAT GEO. BUSH, HE WAS A BRILLIANT MAN IN LEADING OUR COUNTRY THOUGH MANY COULD NOT SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE OUR COUNTRY WAS FACING DURING THE TIME PRES. GEO BUSH HE WILL BE LISTED AS THE GREATEST 1 TERM PRESIDENT THIS COOUNTRY HAS EVER HAD.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
killswitch

Post by killswitch »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:GEO.BUSH WAS A GREAT MAN, BOTH IN THE NAVY AND AS PRESIDENT OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY. I FLEW TBF'S IN THE MARINE CORP. ALONG WITH GEO. BUSH IN THE NAVY, WE FLEW SEVERAL MISSIONS IN THE SAME ATTACK SQUADS. WE GOT THE MISSION FINISHED AS SCHEDULED WITH SEVERAL WAR SHIPS AND A TROUP SHIP SUNK. HAD A CASUAL TALK WITH GEO. BEFORE WE TOOK OFF ABOUT HOW THE MARINES WOULD SINK MORE SHIPS THAN THE NAVY, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. WE COULD NOT HAVE HAD A GREATER PRESIDENT THAT GEO. BUSH, HE WAS A BRILLIANT MAN IN LEADING OUR COUNTRY THOUGH MANY COULD NOT SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE OUR COUNTRY WAS FACING DURING THE TIME PRES. GEO BUSH HE WILL BE LISTED AS THE GREATEST 1 TERM PRESIDENT THIS COOUNTRY HAS EVER HAD.
PA
SEMPER FI
salute3 salute3
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

Am I correct in saying that he was shot down once and rescued by a submarine?
A great man to be sure.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:GEO.BUSH WAS A GREAT MAN, BOTH IN THE NAVY AND AS PRESIDENT OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY. I FLEW TBF'S IN THE MARINE CORP. ALONG WITH GEO. BUSH IN THE NAVY, WE FLEW SEVERAL MISSIONS IN THE SAME ATTACK SQUADS. WE GOT THE MISSION FINISHED AS SCHEDULED WITH SEVERAL WAR SHIPS AND A TROUP SHIP SUNK. HAD A CASUAL TALK WITH GEO. BEFORE WE TOOK OFF ABOUT HOW THE MARINES WOULD SINK MORE SHIPS THAN THE NAVY, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. WE COULD NOT HAVE HAD A GREATER PRESIDENT THAT GEO. BUSH, HE WAS A BRILLIANT MAN IN LEADING OUR COUNTRY THOUGH MANY COULD NOT SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE OUR COUNTRY WAS FACING DURING THE TIME PRES. GEO BUSH HE WILL BE LISTED AS THE GREATEST 1 TERM PRESIDENT THIS COOUNTRY HAS EVER HAD.
PA
SEMPER FI
Wow,,,, amazing first hand account salute3
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
willfishforfood

Post by willfishforfood »

I was actually reading a book last month written by the man that founded The Worldwide Sportsman that talked about 41 and his love for saltwater fishing. It had a chapter that talked about while he was guiding in the Florida Keys George H.W. Bush would come down frequently and spend a couple days fishing and all the stories and pictures from their fishing trips. One time Bush called the restaurant he knew the man and his wife went to every evening and wished his wife happy birthday and when he told the waitress it was the president she almost hung up on him and freaked out once she realized it was actually the POTUS on the line that she was talking to. Another story was how they were having a hard time fishing one day with all the secret service boats surrounding them on the flats and they high tailed it to the next flat where they could fish before they got there and left them and how mad they were about it. He will be missed
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Pretty interesting article, I've read that it is likely the 4141 locomotive will be donated to the presidential library, watched a few minutes of video of the crowds along the line seemed like a lot of people turned out for it.

Presidential Funeral Trains
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

PA
SEMPER FI
^^^^^^