Went fishing & killed a deer; Wakulla is Great

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

John21:6

Went fishing & killed a deer; Wakulla is Great

Post by John21:6 »

I went grouper fishing in my bay boat Wednesday in hopes of finding keeper grouper before the season ends. We caught 3 small gag grouper using LYs, but the south winds and head seas would not let us get as far offshore as we had hoped. On the way back up the St. Marks River, my boat was boarded by an FWC officer. Nice guy, but he seemed to be too interested in my fishing spots.

We also saw a small barge coming up river, and it stopped at the docks at the fort. I asked the guy on the barge when he expected the ramps to be up and running. He replied, “when we’re done fixing it.”

Anyway, on the way home from St. Marks, I turned west off of Woodville Highway onto Bloxham Cutoff. Moments later, BAM! I see hooves and a deer skidding like a hockey puck down the road in front of my truck. While I’m inspecting the damage to my truck, my fishing buddy is checking on the deer. It’s lying there, but still breathing. No problem. Within minutes, someone stopped, shot the deer with a pistol and loaded it in his truck. Wakulla is great.
Last edited by John21:6 on December 27th, 2018, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Went fishing & killed a deer; Wakulla is Different

Post by Steve Stinson »

Never had a FWC officer inquire about my fishing spots before.

If it keeps raining, all those deer will wash out of the woods and down the river. Then your fishing and hunting spots can be one and the same. :thumbup:
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

It's not uncommon in Wakulla ( or most anywhere else) for a motorist to put down an animal hit by a car.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Gulf Coast wrote:It's not uncommon in Wakulla ( or most anywhere else) for a motorist to put down an animal hit by a car.
Thinking the same thing GC, why would that make Wakulla different ?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Gulf Coast wrote:It's not uncommon in Wakulla ( or most anywhere else) for a motorist to put down an animal hit by a car.
We did it back in MS..

Anyways, crap response from the barge-guy, unless he just had that kind of humor lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Fishdawg

Post by Fishdawg »

I took my dad fishing down to Econfina a couple of years ago. I dropped him off in Quitman, and I headed back to Moultrie. A deer jumped off a ditch bank and landed in my boat. It broke the windshield, steering wheel, depth finders, throttle lever, and various trim pieces. Total damage was over $1,300. Would have made a great State Farm commercial.
CastTheFlats

Post by CastTheFlats »

What makes Wakulla different is what makes Wakulla great.