St. Mark's ramp

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

sailcat

St. Mark's ramp

Post by sailcat »

Does anyone know if we can launch at the Fort yet? Thanks!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Mark's ramp

Post by Gulf Coast »

It was still closed late Wed. evening.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Contractor is working on repairs with a mid-January deadline. So no relief over the holidays.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

On Wednesday afternoon, I saw a small barge with an excavator on it dock at the boat ramps. I asked the guy on the ramp if he had any idea when the ramps would be up and running. He replied, "When we're done fixing it."
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

It was still closed on Dec 31, but it looked like the floating docks were back on the poles. There were 2 FWC trucks parked in front of the ramp and one was towing a boat.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just spoke to the City of St. Marks again. The contractor is still working on repairs but is getting closer to finishing. Work slowed over the holidays.

So for right now the Fort Ramp is still closed. Was told to call back early next week to confirm when it will re-open.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Gotta be honest... I was a bit annoyed when we launched out of Shields only to motor by and see FWC using the ramp that is "deemed unsafe for public use." Park in the overflow lots like the rest of us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also - we saw a Georgia boat come down to Shields on Monday and leave/not-launch because the Marina store was closed (as it always is on Mondays). I'm hoping they still got out there and fished having traveled from up north.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Trust me, us regular Shields customers will be overjoyed to see the fort ramp open and things back to quasi normal.
Last edited by silverking on January 2nd, 2019, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

FishWithChris wrote: FWC using the ramp that is "deemed unsafe for public use." Park in the overflow lots like the rest of us :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wasn't sure if they were just parked or were using the ramp, but they are highly trained individuals. :thumbup:
woodstock52
Site Sponsor

Post by woodstock52 »

The ramps are now fully open in St Marks at the Fort.
But the restrooms will remain closed for now.