Garage Door Repairman

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Larboy

Garage Door Repairman

Post by Larboy »

One of the two torsion springs broke. Need recommendation for repairman. Thought about doing it myself but already have to replacing bearing in clothes washer and putting new heat element in dryer.
Thanks.
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Re: Garage Door Repairman

Post by ugadawg »

You need to replace them both. The springs weaken over time and putting a fresh stong spring will either cause your other the fail prematurely or will cause your door to close unevenly. You also need the right tool to be able to put the proper torsion in the new spring. I usually do all of my house repairs, but when mine broke, I just call the garage company. I used Rose City Garages in Thomasville and was very happy. They fixed it while I was at work.
tcoram

Post by tcoram »

Rose City Garage Doors in Thomasville Ga. I will even give you a phone number 229-226-8387 give Stacy Culpeper a call. They also have a shop in Tifton Ga.but do not have that number.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Yea. Rose city installed my 20x9’. Very professional with good prices. Everyone notices how quiet and smooth the door opens/closes.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
reelsorry2
Site Sponsor

Post by reelsorry2 »

Yes sirs, Rose City Garage Doors.
Larboy

Post by Larboy »

Thanks