Hunting Land 4 Sale: Under Contract

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Hunting Land 4 Sale: Under Contract

Post by Scoop Sea »

My apologies for updating instead of just deleting, I haven't figured out how to delete a post. If anyone has directions on how to delete a post, I'd appreciate it if you would pass em along. Thanks.

My father has decided it's time to sell his farm. It's 66 acres off of Natural Bridge Road in Woodville. It borders Lewiswood, for those who know where that is. It's got a 14 acre field we use for dove hunts and grazing for cattle. It also has a pond area that we flood for duck hunting (natural small pond, canal area, surrounded by a dug out low area that we plant corn and/or rice in and then flood with the well on site, not sure the size of this area, guessing 5-6 acres, merely a guess). The rest is a mix of hardwoods and pine. There is a Pole Barn on site, as well as a shed we used to camp in, as well as store feed, etc. Water/electricity on site, fenced and cross fenced. Used for raising a small herd of cattle.
I hate to see it go, but it's been a nice run the last few decades. The pond area was built by my grandfather and his buddy for a duck hunting area back in the 50's or 60's. My father bought the place in the early 90's and turned it into a small farm, while maintaining areas for hunting. Both my daughters and several friends' kids have harvested their first deer here. Turkeys are a protected species per my father's hunting rules, so there hasn't been one harvested in nearly 30 years, but there are worlds of them there (I've counted more than 3 dozen together while sitting in my stand). This property has brought us a world of memories and good times, but it's time for them to travel and relax a little. He has it listed for $4,300/acre. If you are interested in seeing it, shoot me a PM.
Last edited by Scoop Sea on January 29th, 2019, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
ropeman

Re: Hunting Land 4 Sale

Post by ropeman »

I know the general area well. I hunted for years in Magnolia before St Joe started leasing their land. Even hunted with some of those Lewis boys on the North side of Natural Bridge a few times. Sounds like a good deal, but just a little out of my budget.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Land 4 Sale

Post by Scoop Sea »

ropeman wrote:I know the general area well. I hunted for years in Magnolia before St Joe started leasing their land. Even hunted with some of those Lewis boys on the North side of Natural Bridge a few times. Sounds like a good deal, but just a little out of my budget.
You probably hunted the property that surrounds my father's farm. It's now called Gopher Ridge or Tortoise Ridge (something like that) hunting club. That club is on the North and East Side of the property, with Lewiswood on the West Side, Natural Bridge Road is on the South Side. When he first got the farm, they used to dog hunt over there, then like you said, St. Joe started leasing it out and the dog hunting subsided and still hunting took off. St. Joe sold that piece quite a while back, they are on the 2nd clear cutting of that piece, so it's been however long that took.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."