Vermillion snapper

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

geofish

Vermillion snapper

Post by geofish »

With gag grouper & red snapper closed, does anybody fish this time of year for vermilion (beeliners)?
How deep would I have to go?
tailwaters

Re: Vermillion snapper

Post by tailwaters »

I've caught them in 50'' before but generally they like to be in 70' plus of water. Caught a few lane snapper in 45 the month before last. The limit on those is 100lbs.
geofish

Post by geofish »

Thanx!
bbb

Post by bbb »

Summertime we catch keepers 6 miles out in 45-55 ft off Mexico Beach. Not sure about early spring.
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

geofish wrote:With gag grouper & red snapper closed, does anybody fish this time of year for vermilion (beeliners)?
For a more general question, what good eating fish, that is legal to keep, is biting offshore now? Anything biting around K-Tower now?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

John21:6 wrote:
geofish wrote:With gag grouper & red snapper closed, does anybody fish this time of year for vermilion (beeliners)?
For a more general question, what good eating fish, that is legal to keep, is biting offshore now? Anything biting around K-Tower now?
Sheephead, Black Sea bass, mangrove snapper, lane snapper, bee liners, porgies, grunts, red grouper and hogfish come to mind. I probably missed a few. Plenty to eat out there
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven