Lowrance Elite 7TI

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

sailcat

Lowrance Elite 7TI

Post by sailcat »

I have read the operational manual until I'm blue in the face but having trouble with a few settings. Just wondering if anyone out there has this same until I may be able to pick you brain since mine isn't hitting on all cylinders about this unit. Would appreciate it. Thanks!
rockyg

Re: Lowrance Elite 7TI

Post by rockyg »

My son the Tech would say you are using the caveman method of learning how to operate electronics. The written manuals all suck these days. Watch the video series below. It's a multi-part series with more than you can possibly ever need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7XwUXGrDA&t=1s
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Give me a call, I am a Lowrance Prostaffer and have a lot of experience with the Ti units, I will PM you my number.
sailcat

Post by sailcat »

Thanks looking forward to talking with you.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Not meaning to hijack the thread but I've got a couple of questions too.
1. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen on an Elite ti 9?
2. I bought an extra power cable and want to be able to bring the plotter in the house to enter data. I know I need a 120 AC to 12VDC converter to supply power. Will the unit operate safely with more than 12VDC? I think I remember reading it operates anywhere from 11 to 20 volts DC ?? and what amperage is required?
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Juan wrote: 2. I bought an extra power cable and want to be able to bring the plotter in the house to enter data. I know I need a 120 AC to 12VDC converter to supply power. Will the unit operate safely with more than 12VDC? I think I remember reading it operates anywhere from 11 to 20 volts DC ?? and what amperage is required?
Why not just hook it up to a spare 12v battery in the house? That's what I do. A lot less hassle, even if you need to spend $30 on a small 12v.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

StMarksAngler wrote:
Juan wrote: 2. I bought an extra power cable and want to be able to bring the plotter in the house to enter data. I know I need a 120 AC to 12VDC converter to supply power. Will the unit operate safely with more than 12VDC? I think I remember reading it operates anywhere from 11 to 20 volts DC ?? and what amperage is required?
Why not just hook it up to a spare 12v battery in the house? That's what I do. A lot less hassle, even if you need to spend $30 on a small 12v.
That's what I was doing in the boat shed cuz I doubt the wife would be too happy if I brought a 12 V battery in the house. I've since bought a 120 to 12V converter from Amazon ($15) that lets me connect the power cable straight to the converter. Thanks for the suggestion but Problem solved. :)
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

:lol: :thumbup: Understood. Wife is pretty forgiving on this end, so I tend to forget about those kinds of complications.