Dicks Sporting Goods

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

Dicks Sporting Goods

Post by Srbenda »

Has a lot of fishing stuff on clearance and markdown.

I got quite a few Gulps at $4.77 apiece, and there was lots of lures that were marked down, and priced at buy 3, get 1 free.

Included lures, line, corks, leaders, etc.

Both freshwater and saltwater...
All photos copyright @saverymill
savvy

Re: Dicks Sporting Goods

Post by savvy »

Thanks for the info! I don’t shop there though because they don’t support Constitutional freedoms guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment salute3
wacissaguy

Post by wacissaguy »

Please don't shop at Dick's there are too many other suppliers for all your outdoor needs. The second amendent is a constitutional right and they do not support it.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I am with Saavy - Haven't shopped there since they sided with the anti - gun crowd. Me and my fat wallet will go elsewhere. Kevin's has Gulp 3" shrimp for $3.99 right now. I also purchased a new Daiwa spinning reel there last week, which they discounted, then filled with 20 lb Power Pro for free. :thumbup:

- Steve Stinson
wallisam

Post by wallisam »

where is Kevin's, need some gulp
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Kevin's is a locally owned outdoor shop on Capital Circle NE just past the Home Depot and Beal's .

3350 Capital Cir NE, Tallahassee, FL 32308
wallisam

Post by wallisam »

thank you. sorry did not mean to steal the thread
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

What was it that Dicks did to upset folks? I remember something about not selling ar’s anymore, but they still sell guns, correct?

But always shop local when possible. Kevin’s always has the best prices on fishing equipment. Their gun prices are competitive, but not the lowest in town. The guys that work there are knowledgeable. And when you get in there enough and get on a first name basis with Lin and miles, then small discounts will come your way. I haven’t paid full price for a reel in forever. You could find it for a little less on e bay, but it would cost more at bps or dicks.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Steve Stinson wrote:Kevin's is a locally owned outdoor shop on Capital Circle NE just past the Home Depot and Beal's .

3350 Capital Cir NE, Tallahassee, FL 32308
I also buy gear at Kevin's, just for the official Big Bend forum record.

:)
All photos copyright @saverymill
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:What was it that Dicks did to upset folks? I remember something about not selling ar’s anymore, but they still sell guns, correct?

But always shop local when possible. Kevin’s always has the best prices on fishing equipment. Their gun prices are competitive, but not the lowest in town. The guys that work there are knowledgeable. And when you get in there enough and get on a first name basis with Lin and miles, then small discounts will come your way. I haven’t paid full price for a reel in forever. You could find it for a little less on e bay, but it would cost more at bps or dicks.
This link gives you a better picture of what all Dick's has done. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/25/dicks-s ... -guns.html

I don't shop there and I won't unless it is a bankruptcy liquidation!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

It said they stopped selling hi cap mags and guns to anyone under 21. That’s not a huge deal to me, but I don’t really shop at box stores.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Ted in Tallahassee

Post by Ted in Tallahassee »

+1 on the "don't shop at Dick's" thing. There are other places to shop that DON'T decide to shaft gun owners because they think they're scoring some kind of brownie points with commies.

Same with YETI. I will never ever buy a YETI product.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Dick's has joined in on the gun control groups, which is not mentioned in that article.

They are free to do as they wish and I'm free to shop where I want. Personally, a business should be about doing business and not about politics.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Don't shop at Dick's! There might be a few sale items left on the shelves when I get there. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

As long as we are pointing out anti-2A companies don't forget the recent Benchmade Knife anti-2A debacle. I was in the market for a new knife about the time that issue exploded, went with a Made in the USA Kershaw Blur instead of a BK when their actions and political contributions came to light.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150