Yesterday at Rotary Reef.

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fredhey

Yesterday at Rotary Reef.

Post by fredhey »

My son, 2 grandson's and I tried for gag grouper yesterday. First pass trolling we boated a 22 incher as we did on the second and third pass. We worked that area and one other and ended up with a 26 inch and a 25 inch. We caught two that were right at the 24 inch mark, but, they went back into the water. In all we boated 12 to 15 gags in about 4 hours. We slow trolled stretch 25's. Best bite was on red/white and pink with a few in a green/blue. All in all it was a fun day out with the guys. Was choppy on the way out of Rock Landing but by noon it was smooth. We ran over 40 mph coming back in. Could have paid a lot less and bought two grouper but would have missed the memories.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Yesterday at Rotary Reef.

Post by Salty Gator »

That’s good work. Thanks for the report. Glad it layed down for y’all. 2 nice gags for the box and a good bite of “ just unders” is a solid day...congratulations.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Any sign of bait pods showing up offshore yet? We saw some small ones inshore near Steinhatchee a week ago, along with several sharks.

- Steve Stinson
fredhey

Post by fredhey »

We saw no bait pods while out. There were not many birds either. Did see a pod of dolphins and a turtle just after high tide. The water was stained enough we could not see color until about 5 feet. We threw and trolled a red & white jig thinking we might pick up a Spanish or Cobia but nothing except a little Grouper ever hit it.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Excellent work.

I did not see any bait pods today, but I did two weeks ago, in about 20'.
All photos copyright @saverymill