Saturday 4/13

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfalcon

Saturday 4/13

Post by fishfalcon »

Fished last weekend and caught trout on a variety of baits mostly under corks in 5 feet of water or less. We caught a bunch of shorts and 4 keepers Sunday morning, but early Sunday afternoon was really tough. Water temp was 68.5 when we left. With the warm weather this week, I was convinced the flats would be catching fire. I talked my neighbor into driving down with me and we launched the kayaks about 7:30. Wind was more than the 6 mph predicted and just got worse as the day went on. We threw everything in the box at them including 3 lures that caught limits of trout last week in the same spot without a bite. I finally switched to a mirrodine and about the 5th cast a legitimate 20" trout comes up behind it and nips the back end. I have her on about 10 seconds and she wallows on the surface and the hook pulls free. Not what I wanted, but at least it was a bite. Two casts later, I feel a bump and then nothing. Reel in to see I have donated my lure to a Spanish. At 1 pm, we surrendered fishless after donating a rod to the ocean. Lots of boats were out early, but everyone seemed to be searching for fish and moving a lot. If somebody figured them out, post a report!
4reels

Saturday 4/13

Post by 4reels »

Took my father-in-law Wednesday. West flats, spotty bottom, temps around 74. Managed a few keepers with paddletails.Image

Also went about 10 miles east today and limited out (released several slot fish)- same tactic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First fish was an ole slimy catfish that blew up my top water like a boss!

Srbenda

Re: Saturday 4/13

Post by Srbenda »

A bit windy for kayaks today.

I planned on going offshore, but instead fished the bay until my single pack of Gulp ran out.
Lots of shorts, but ended up with 3 trout and a Spanish for the box.
All photos copyright @saverymill
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

4reels wrote:Took my father-in-law Wednesday. West flats, spotty bottom, temps around 74. Managed a few keepers with paddletails.Image

Also went about 10 miles east today and limited out (released several slot fish)- same tactic.

First fish was an ole slimy catfish that blew up my top water like a boss!

. Those are some nice trout.

tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Nice. Congrats.
The Back Porch