04/25 St. Marks Inshore Slam (Again)

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ontiltttttt

04/25 St. Marks Inshore Slam (Again)

Post by ontiltttttt »

Broke out the kayaks again with a buddy of mine and we both had continued success this afternoon. The reds were caught in 6-7’ sandy areas and the trout were thick at the deeper holes in 3-4’. Lone flounder caught near shore. Probably caught ~30 short trout in the 10-12” range all on artificials.

Reds: 26” & 23”
Trout: 18” & 17”
Flounder: 11” (released)

geofish

Re: 04/25 St. Marks Inshore Slam (Again)

Post by geofish »

Nice!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Way to go. Winds had picked up by the time I ran back to the ramp. That's always a fun challenge in the kayaks.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Glad someone is finding fish. Went out if Shell Point and only managed a Spanish, a cat, and a foul hooked stingray. It was interesting pulling the ray on a 7wt though. Another day without seeing a mullet.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Would give my "Keep the eyes on the prize!" sermon, Ontiltttttt, but guessing you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now -- just be sure it's not a train! :wink:

More serious note, if / when you feel you've reached a safe point be nice to get you back on board. Between Bman playing the role of Lucy snagging the football away from me on promised planned trips and on a more serious note the sad loss of Rhettley as a fishing bud, really enjoy regaining your company again. :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

@BBG: 4th year is a mini-vacation, didn’t you know? :lol: I’m game anytime you are!
geofish

Post by geofish »

Sam and I (and maybe Cortez) are going Sunday morning if you want to tag along.
I'll pretend I didn't hear the "4th year is a mini-vacation" thing 8)
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Very nice. Congrats.
The Back Porch
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

geofish wrote:Sam and I (and maybe Cortez) are going Sunday morning if you want to tag along.
I'll pretend I didn't hear the "4th year is a mini-vacation" thing 8)
Haha! Aw man, I would LOVE to but I work ER on Sunday! Post a report if you get anything!