St. Marks 5/3

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Captainawesomepants

St. Marks 5/3

Post by Captainawesomepants »

Stopped for pinfish near the bird cage and picked up an 18" trout. Headed off shore to some public numbers. We picked up three nice flounder. We caught a half dozen or more grouper but the closest to a keeper was 21". We caught most grouper trolling plugs and even picked up a 28" cobia on a plug.

We did get rocked up a few times...pretty sure those would have been keepers but the world will never know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 5/3

Post by silverking »

And that's why we go fishing. You just never know, in salt anyway. Thanks for posting.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

The grouper pulled the plugs back into the hole?
Or you lost the plug on bottom structure?
All photos copyright @saverymill
Captainawesomepants

Post by Captainawesomepants »

We did lose one plug on structure but we got rocked up fishing with live bait on the bottom. We caught grouper on live bait and plugs but it seemed like the plugs were better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
geofish

Post by geofish »

I just assume that any grouper that takes me into the rocks was legal size, big and glorious. A good fish. A noble fish.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

geofish wrote:I just assume that any grouper that takes me into the rocks was legal size, big and glorious. A good fish. A noble fish.
All day, everyday :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven