Pier Fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Re: Pier Fishing

Post by CSMarine »

Hey Reb. The net I made is just a regular landing net that I put an eight foot pole on to extend the length. Used to be able to reach your net under the rail to reach the fish. Now, there is wire covering the side of the railing, so you have to go over the top rail to land a fish.
One of the things that I don't like about the new pier. The taller rail also makes it harder to throw a cast net.
Semper Fi
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Sounds like a cheap pier net would be of use here.

BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

I certainly have no complaints on bumping this! Especially since I have a niece and nephew coming up who are nowhere near ready for my rough boat. And either way I always love a fish story. Did you happen to see any mullet there? I just made a post out front but anyway I’ve been to both the Aucilla and St Marks landings and not even seen 1, so this isn’t a boo hoo I didn’t catch any post...haven’t even gotten that far yet lol!
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Double post...there were a bunch at Goose Pasture yesterday which I visited just to relax in the evening, but they don’t always cooperate lol!
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Yes there were plenty of mullet. I threw my net for a while. Caught ten fairly good size grass mullet. I have a little trouble throwing over the new railings. A little tall for me. The fellow who was with me had no problem throwing.
Semper Fi
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Railings :smt012 :smt012 :smt012

I made a day out of it mullet fishing but the reason I didn’t catch any at Nutall Rise when a few finally arrived was because of the railings lol! It’s to deep and dark beyond them (I’m mullet fishing the good ole boy way). I usually stand there in the opening between the poles but the mullet were just out of reach from there today. But anyway I’ll have to visit the new pier.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

I’m headed there now in a desperate attempt to wet a hook in this bad weather after being sick all last week. It will still probably be packed even though everything around there that would bite has probably long been caught lol but I’m not going to chance going anywhere and getting wet since I’m almost well.