St Marks Inshore 7-5

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

St Marks Inshore 7-5

Post by Srbenda »

We planned on heading out further, and hit the water at 715am, and headed out to get some bait in the bay. We started getting some pinfish, and the storm on the radar kept getting bigger, and bigger. It eventually turned into a very big storm and hung around most of the day further offshore. We finally decided to head back into the mouth of the St. Marks river and fished there for about an hour, waiting on the storm.

It finally receded a to a point where we felt comfortable going back into the bay. We started drifting in 3' to 4' of water, with a pinfish flatlined behind the boat. Within 5 minutes, we'd hooked up with a nice sized lemon shark, probably close to 4'. He provided lots of fun for a few minutes, and we sent him back for a continued healthy life.

While still in shallow water, we began catching ladyfish and trout. We were fishing popping corks with either DOA shrimp or white Gulp, but the DOA seemed to produce the best. Despite water temps of 85f and the shallow water, we had a very solid bite for nearly an hour or more. We drifted for awhile more, and got back into the fish, and again, it was ladyfish and trout, almost non stop.

We got into a school of bluefish, and lost one, and landed one, but they moved on quickly.

The bite stayed steady until about 1130, and then it stopped. We attempted to make a run offshore into some deeper water, but the storm cell had been sitting offshore for several hours now, and the swells were easily 1 with some 2's mixed in. So we headed back inshore.

We fished awhile longer on the flats, and got some more bites, but it had slowed down significantly.

We had a solid fishbox for the day.

All photos copyright @saverymill
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: St Marks Inshore 7-5

Post by silverking »

Way to stick with it. Looks like the weather is going to be iffy all weekend. I'm going to tackle a maintenance project instead.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice work, thanks for the report. Sure beats what I did yesterday
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Nice box of fish. I need to get on the water sometime soon. :-D
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Very nice!! Some good eating there.
Yours in the South