St Marks 8-31

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

TOWM

St Marks 8-31

Post by TOWM »

Catfish, sharks, and pinfish. No bites shallower than 10’, except the pinfish. Caught pins all over the place. Hooked a tarpon in the river, but the hook didn’t set. Talked with a guy at the cleaning station who had a nice red and some mackerel. He caught them early in the morning, but I didn’t press him for any locations or depths. No scallops either.
geofish

Re: St Marks 8-31

Post by geofish »

One of my students went scalloping with his dad in St Joe Bay a week or two ago and said it was the best he'd ever seen it. Limited out in half an hour. The scallops go where the scallops go . . . hard to predict.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks for posting, sounds like the fish didn't bite very good yesterday. I fished freshwater and only caught 2 catfish and 2 small bream. :roll:
Yours in the South
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Fish were jumping in the bag at Capital Seafood Mkt. yesterday. jumbo shrimp, grouper filets, lobster tails. 50th wedding anniversary dinner. Some grilled some fried. :lick:
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the report. Beats yard work.
reelbad wrote:Fish were jumping in the bag at Capital Seafood Mkt. yesterday. jumbo shrimp, grouper filets, lobster tails. 50th wedding anniversary dinner. Some grilled some fried. :lick:
Sounds good. Congrats on the special wedding anniversary!
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Looks like I'll be in deep water then later this week