New wal mart gun rules

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: New wal mart gun rules

Post by Salty Gator »

ropeman wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:Actually a person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition is allowed to open carry. I agree with you and would and do concealed carry. I personally would rather concealed carry than open carry regardless.
I agree with your statement, but if you stopped by Walmart or any other spot would you be on the way to or from anymore?

I try not to shop at Walmart in the first place, but I don't plan on boycotting because of a pointless policy. BTW, AR-15 ammo isn't handgun ammo anyway!
They are going to stop selling .223 556 and handgun ammo
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Salty Gator wrote: They are going to stop selling .223 556 and handgun ammo
Just me but I couldn't care less... actually might be a good thing and I've probably got enough ammo to fend off a battalion of Ruskies for a while any way. :D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

This is a tempest in a teapot. I saw no one lose their minds in the other thread and I see no one that considers "Walmart" beloved. The reason it does not affect me either way, I outlined in the other post. I only shop at Walmart when no other choice. I also do not buy from their sporting goods section. That is a decades old situation for me.

I just don't understand why someone is offended when someone is exercising their rights to take their business elsewhere. I had a lady tell me she hated all hunters (she saw a shotgun shell on my dash) as I was walking on her farm to treat a choked pony. I turned around and started to leave, and she asked where I was going. I said I am leaving, I am a hunter. She said she did not mean me. I said, well then I guess you don't hate ALL hunters. We talked about hunting and such. She ate meat. What she really meant was she hated poachers and we talked about the differences.

This is grandstanding, just like Dick's. It will accomplish nothing. No one I know or in my extended family gets ammo at Walmart anyways.

The big difference for some is that Dick's is an outdoor store. Walmart sells some outdoor stuff.

Wake me up when Kevin's takes this position. :smt005 ;-)
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

An aside, but I think most CCW know this. A sign that says "No Concealed Carry" in the State of Florida does not hold the authority of law (unless it is a place that concealed carry is not allowed by law). What this means, is you are free to concealed carry. If you are asked to leave and refuse, you would be guilty of felony trespass. As long as you leave if asked, no repercussions.

Is Georgia that way? I know many states are not.

I would not open carry, even if legal. Nor would I wear a target on my back that said "Shoot me first". :lol:
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

onefishtwofish wrote:An aside, but I think most CCW know this. A sign that says "No Concealed Carry" in the State of Florida does not hold the authority of law (unless it is a place that concealed carry is not allowed by law). What this means, is you are free to concealed carry. If you are asked to leave and refuse, you would be guilty of felony trespass. As long as you leave if asked, no repercussions.

Is Georgia that way? I know many states are not.

I would not open carry, even if legal. Nor would I wear a target on my back that said "Shoot me first". :lol:
Georgia is the same, the sign have no force of law, if asked to leave you just have to leave. Georgia just has fewer places actually off limits, in Ga you can carry on a college campus, etc pretty much secure areas are the only off limits areas.
ropeman

Post by ropeman »

onefishtwofish wrote:This is grandstanding, just like Dick's. It will accomplish nothing. No one I know or in my extended family gets ammo at Walmart anyways.

The big difference for some is that Dick's is an outdoor store. Walmart sells some outdoor stuff.
The main reason I quit buying ammo at Walmart was when the cashier refused to sell me a case of birdshot, because I was only allowed the 4 box max (or whatever it was at that time). I tried to explain to her that the case was labeled as one box and priced that way. We finally had to get someone from sporting goods to come to the register and extract her head from her rectum. Not long after that I tried to stay out of Walmart in general.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

onefishtwofish wrote:This is a tempest in a teapot. I saw no one lose their minds in the other thread and I see no one that considers "Walmart" beloved. The reason it does not affect me either way, I outlined in the other post. I only shop at Walmart when no other choice. I also do not buy from their sporting goods section. That is a decades old situation for me.

I just don't understand why someone is offended when someone is exercising their rights to take their business elsewhere. I had a lady tell me she hated all hunters (she saw a shotgun shell on my dash) as I was walking on her farm to treat a choked pony. I turned around and started to leave, and she asked where I was going. I said I am leaving, I am a hunter. She said she did not mean me. I said, well then I guess you don't hate ALL hunters. We talked about hunting and such. She ate meat. What she really meant was she hated poachers and we talked about the differences.

This is grandstanding, just like Dick's. It will accomplish nothing. No one I know or in my extended family gets ammo at Walmart anyways.

Wake me up when Kevin's takes this position. :smt005 ;-)

In the 4 pages of the dicks thread, people were very upset about them stopping sale hi cap mags and are. My entire point was who cares, no one shops for guns at dicks. And many more acted as if was a personal attack on the second amendment, go back and read all of it. . I see none of that from any of those people about wal mart, but I’m still waiting on the most outspoken guy.. And that is exactly what I thought I’d seen If we see if differently, then that is fine . But I’m truly having a difficult time understanding why you don’t see it. Plain as day to me. But we can let it go,the point had been made in my eyes
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
GusMccrae

Post by GusMccrae »

I hate it that some feel a need to needle people when things they hold dear are under constant attack. It’s juvenile. That said, Dick’s decision to not sell certain guns didn’t bother me a bit. When Target said it was okay for a grown male, that identified as a woman, to use the women’s bathroom, I didn’t boycott. I didn’t hold a sign or pitch a fit. I went elsewhere.
I’m by no means saying Walmart’s decision to limit open-carry, and not selling handgun ammo will be their demise. But they aren’t too big to fail. Ask your grandparents if they ever thought Sears would file bankruptcy. In the 20th century, they were Amazon and Walmart combined.
I conceal carry when I’m with my family. No other time. The 2nd Amendment was NOT to protect the right to hunt. It was for the sole purpose of protecting the citizens from a tyrannical government. Those who say different are uninformed or lying.
So when you pry my weapon from my cold dead hands.... be careful. The barrel will be hot.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Did they quit selling tires, because cars kill way more folks?

Did they stop selling booze, because people in cars with tires kill way more folks?

Stupid stunt.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!