Yates Creek Wednesday Nov. 6th

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Yates Creek Wednesday Nov. 6th

Post by CSMarine »

Left out with my wife about 7:30am. A bit windy 9 knots. Water temp 68 degrees. Clear, very clear. Tide rising. Fished with shiner tails riged carolina style. Only fished about three hours. Lost count of how many shorts. Ended up with six trout and two reds
Great day on the water. (Tried to post pictures but couldn't get them to post.)⁰
Semper Fi
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Yates Creek Wednesday Nov. 6th

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report csm. Glad you found em
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Good job, Billy! Glad it's heating up down that way.
Yours in the South
Vitz

Post by Vitz »

I see the term "shiner tail" used every so often. Exactly what are you referring to and how do you rig them? Pinfish tails? How do you cut them? How much do you cut off? How do you rig? Just curious.
bbb

Post by bbb »

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Not the way I cut it. Not as much angle, and split it down the middle making two baits. I've got a picture posted somewhere back in older post.
I learned it about sixty years ago from my grandfather, who raised me on the Aucila River. He worked his whole life as a commercial fisherman, and guide on the Gulf.
Semper Fi
WetBandit

Post by WetBandit »

How are you rigging them?
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

If you bass fish, you know how a carolina rig is set up. It's the same way. About 13 to 14 inch 20lb floracarbon leader, with a 3/0 hook, a barrel swivel on the other end, a 1/16 bullet lead above the swivel. I use bullet leads because it slides through the grass better. Fish it like a plastic worm. Use a little more aggressive action than bass fishing. When there's not much wind or current I use a float.
Semper Fi
geofish

Post by geofish »

You can also do a butterfly on it, start from the tail as if you're fileting one side, and stop before you get all the way to the front of the chunk.
Rig it the same way, and it flaps a bit and let's out more scent as you retrieve it.