Duracell AGM battery reviews?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

Duracell AGM battery reviews?

Post by silverking »

About due to replace my original AGM starting battery (off brand). Have had excellent service out of my Odyssey 34M dedicated trolling motor battery and strongly leaning towards another. Best price found is $309 on-line. Hard to argue against 3+ years of trouble-free use, though.

Does anyone have any first-hand reviews on the Duracell 34M AGMs? Made in the US, slightly lighter in weight than the Odyssey and more than $100 cheaper. Want to stay with an AGM type for compatibility.

Weight not really a big deal. Both batteries are located in bow hatch so the skiff balances nicely with me on the platform.

Thanks for any input.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: Duracell AGM battery reviews?

Post by Juan »

No experience with the 34M but I've got two - three year old Duracell 31DTs for the trolling motor that have been great since day one and still hold a charge like new. I like Duracell batteries. :thumbup: ($179 at Sam's Club)
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the feedback, Juan. Learned they are re-branded Deka batteries.

I was looking at the Ultra Platinum 34M for $190 from batteries plus. They are a little taller and have lower ratings (CCA and Ah) than the Odyssey so I may pony up and pay the difference for another Odyssey. I'd like to keep all the same with my solar battery charger set-up.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

Has anyone used Interstate Battery Marine Battery?