Had a good day Tuesday

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

slow motion

Had a good day Tuesday

Post by slow motion »

Started fishing a creek mouth around 8:30 with live shrimp. Caught 6 reds 18-20 inches before I drifted in too shallow. Fished a few deep holes and only caught short trout the largest being around 14 inches. When the tide turned I moved onto some shallow flats and fished a chartreuse twitch bait. Immediately hooked a nice trout and decided to keep it for dinner so I netted it. Funny how a fish can immediately throw the hook and at the same time embed it in the net in such a way that I spent 10 minutes trying to disentangle it. Finally in frustration as I am cutting it out I had a flashback to watching the scene in the movie Grumpy Old Men where the bottom has been cut out of his net. Bite slowed when the tide reached the grass. I watched a true master fisherman (an otter), enjoyed some solitude, and had a great day on the water. Took a few pics but not savvy enough to include.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Had a good day Tuesday

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: Sounds like a fun day, good job on the reds! Shrimp is hard to beat on trout and reds.
Yours in the South
wallisam

Post by wallisam »

had a good day Tuesday also. caught fish most of the day, did bring home a mess, fun day
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

I suck at winter time fishing and can never seem to find them..I typically fish artificials and gulp baits but I think i'm going to try some live shrimp.

Good on you for catching them.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report. We saw an otter in a creek a couple of weeks back also. You never know what you are going to see out there
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Great first report! Welcome to the forum. :thumbup: Ya might want to try a rubber dipped net. They protect the fish better and your lures won't get stuck or tangled.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

An otter spotting? Fantastic!
All photos copyright @saverymill
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Welcome aboard and thanks for the report.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
slow motion

Post by slow motion »

Thanks for the replies, suggestions, and welcomes. Been following along for a while. You guys are who I learned from to try creek mouths and to fish shallow flats on a sunny afternoon incoming tide this time of year. So thanks for all you have taught me thus far. Great tip about the rubber dipped net. I typically try to only net a fish I plan to keep but sometimes do misjudge their size in the water.