February 10th St marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jgreen2167

February 10th St marks

Post by jgreen2167 »

Worked a 12 hour night shift last night and punched out at 6 am this morning, but luckily the tide change was timed perfectly to where I could get a 3 hour nap and head down to the fort to launch. The sun was high and the sky’s were beautiful. However, the wind was blowing harder than woodpecker lips. With wind like this and an 18 foot aluminum boat you couldn’t have paid me to go out of the river to explore the coastal creeks. Fine, staying in the river is okay with me. Eased into one of the creeks near the fort and plopped the trolling motor down. The rising tide was coming in strong and even in these protected ponds you couldn’t hide from the stiff wind. Tried the gulp on a 1/8th jig with no joy for a bit and then made the switch to a white red fish magic spinner bait and on the third cast at a bend in the creek I picked up a red no bigger than a Golden Corral corn on the cob. Still, something to pull on the other end of the line was a welcomed site. Caught a couple more tea cup redfish, but there was a small stretch of this bayou that had nice grass and come gin clear water. I double clicked the ole power pole and decided to fan cast the area. Sure as shineola, there was a husky 22 1/2 inch red who finally decided to eat. He was the fish of the day. This was a long winded way to say “it’s windy and expect to work hard for your bites.” Or maybe I’m just doing it wrong. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea what I am doing, but thats cool.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Re: February 10th St marks

Post by fishinfool »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

"blowing harder than woodpecker lips"

:lol:
All photos copyright @saverymill
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nice Phish!! I fished in one of those creeks upriver a few winters ago, but we didn't find any fish in it. It was pretty though and had some deep water in it.
Yours in the South