How’d you enjoy the iangler tourney?!

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SkeeterBite

Re: How’d you enjoy the iangler tourney?!

Post by SkeeterBite »

A Few learning glitches...worked out!!
Turn off GPS coordinates and still meet for weigh ins and it will definetly work for everyone and help with conservation of our targeted species that do get hit quite hard with all the tournaments around. I like it!
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Hey here is another thought,,,for all the guys that are so excited and happy for this format ( this goes for all of you that don't fish our tournaments but sure like to give your two cents worth) lets make sure when we take our Girlfriends our Wives our Dads our Brothers or even people out on a guided trips that they know that day will be a catch and release of all fish only trip that would far far exceed the number of fish that are brought in to our tournaments :thumbup: As you can tell I'm not a fan of this format for our tournaments but if that's what ya"ll want to go to then I with several others I have spoken to wish you luck. If ya'll want to damn me now go ahead I understand ,,,just wanted to give my two cents worth.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Jeff -
I think we got backed into a corner here by FWC with their new limits. One fish over 19" per boat in a tournament format is going to have exactly the opposite effect that they were seeking (saving large trout). I think many who caught a 22" trout in the morning and put it on ice or in a live well would be tempted to throw it back over the side if they caught a 24" trout before weigh - in time. Those who choose to follow the letter of the law and keep the original first-caught fish won't stand much of a chance in the tournament.

I would have rather seen them put a closed season back in place in January, February or both, but that's not what happened. In the mean-time we are left to figure out how to still have a competitive tournament and obey the new law. With the use of the ap, the tournament directors can set whatever limits they choose for any given tournament - 5 largest possible reds? 5 largest trout? It won't matter if we are releasing the fish after a picture.

- Steve Stinson
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

TroutTrent wrote:Hey here is another thought,,,for all the guys that are so excited and happy for this format ( this goes for all of you that don't fish our tournaments but sure like to give your two cents worth) lets make sure when we take our Girlfriends our Wives our Dads our Brothers or even people out on a guided trips that they know that day will be a catch and release of all fish only trip that would far far exceed the number of fish that are brought in to our tournaments :thumbup: As you can tell I'm not a fan of this format for our tournaments but if that's what ya"ll want to go to then I with several others I have spoken to wish you luck. If ya'll want to damn me now go ahead I understand ,,,just wanted to give my two cents worth.
Who said you had to release your fish???
SouthernPointe

Post by SouthernPointe »

I enjoyed the tournament and being out on the water.

Like others, I liked the leaderboard as motivation but I also could see where folks wouldn’t stay to recognize the winners. I’ll be honest, I didn’t stay for the “weigh in” because I knew where my team stood and had other things to do.

I think the IAngler App is a great idea but it shouldn’t be the only way of doing tournaments. I’m new to the tournament scene, but I’m not sure why folks are against this formate.

I also can understand where folks wouldn’t want to include their location, I think that could be taken out.

All in all, I would do it again and liked the technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NFGFC

How’d you enjoy the iangler tourney?!

Post by NFGFC »

We don’t want your locations guys lol most of us alllll fish pretty close to each other it’s not too hard to figure out ;) so don’t worry about the location being on. We will however not tolerate cheating of any sort and will be strict with the pictures to assure NO issues.
Also, we did not say you couldn’t keep your fish, if you catch them and they’re legal to keep that’s all your choice to do so.
This just gives the ones who choose not to the opportunity to fish and still release....win win!

Def keeping leaderboard off will force people to the weigh ins too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Not involved with the tournament (yet) but I like the idea of this tournament but also like the old style too. I think a combination of the two would be good. Use iAngler rules for largest fish for all trout 19” + and all redfish. Then have a separate category using weigh-in of the largest 5 fish limit of trout but trout over 19” can not be included. That way larger fish will more like be released.