Aucilla River 2/12/20

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Phil. 4:8

Aucilla River 2/12/20

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Not every fishing trip is about catching fish; I keep telling myself. Wednesday worked out to be the best day to fish, you know the saying the best time to go is when you can. I don't know about y'all, but I married way above my pay grade. My little wife said, "let's go fishing as our Valentines Treat to each other." Did I marry great or what? Anyway, we made the drive to Mandala and launched the skiff to find that "woodpecker lips" howling wind that Mr. jgreen2167 wrote about. So, we decided to stay in the river and find some trout. We threw top water, jigs and plastics under corks. Fished from above the boat ramp to a little past the island. They just weren't home. Did have one bite and one fish went to the cooler. One 20+" trout produced 2 nice fillets, which was enough for lunch. The water averaged 65 degrees in the river and there was plenty of incoming tide. It was overcast most of the afternoon and we did get a sprinkle as we headed back to the ramp. We made it back to the trailer in one piece and enjoyed being out. Besides, who's going to have a better Valentine Day than me :D
mpa_72001

Re: Aucilla River 2/12/20

Post by mpa_72001 »

might wanna try also suspending plugs and diving plugs when its cold in the river like mirrolures catch 2000,unfairlures rip n slash ,and redfins.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Aucilla River 2/12/20

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: Nicely done! Too bad you couldn't make it out of the river, I bet there's some nice fish on the grass lines right now.
Yours in the South