last three months fishing reports

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: last three months fishing reports

Post by Salty Gator »

dudewheresmyplug wrote:
I didn’t watch the vid, but one cast distance seems awfully close to me. And I believe most anglers would feel the same. We give people much more space than that. We like to give ( and get) at least a few casts lengths. I guess everyone is different in what the give and expect, but dang. Just because you can’t cast to their boat doesn’t mean they can cast to yours. That’s way too close. Try to give more space that that if you can. If you have to quietly pass someone that is anchored in a creek, then you might have to get close to pole or tm by. But to fish one cast away is very poor etiquette imho

In the video we were specifically talking about fishing in one of our local rivers in wintertime when there are multiple boats in one location. I think it would be helpful to see the context what we were talking about.
That’s fair. And that’s a pretty respectable distance in that situation ( why I don’t wintertime river fish). My bad :beer:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I'd have a problem with anyone stopping, or anchoring within (or even close) to casting distance of me if I'm stopped on a spot (and they wouldn't like my language) but I couldn't care less if they were just moving past my location and casting as they went by. People should be respectful but there are no set rules of distance and no one owns any spot on the water.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
dudewheresmyplug

Post by dudewheresmyplug »

Salty Gator wrote:
dudewheresmyplug wrote:
I didn’t watch the vid, but one cast distance seems awfully close to me. And I believe most anglers would feel the same. We give people much more space than that. We like to give ( and get) at least a few casts lengths. I guess everyone is different in what the give and expect, but dang. Just because you can’t cast to their boat doesn’t mean they can cast to yours. That’s way too close. Try to give more space that that if you can. If you have to quietly pass someone that is anchored in a creek, then you might have to get close to pole or tm by. But to fish one cast away is very poor etiquette imho

In the video we were specifically talking about fishing in one of our local rivers in wintertime when there are multiple boats in one location. I think it would be helpful to see the context what we were talking about.
That’s fair. And that’s a pretty respectable distance in that situation ( why I don’t wintertime river fish). My bad :beer:
All good! Also why i don't usually fish the rivers as well.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

I appreciate all the feedback. Glad you guys like the video, that’s who we do them for is the people getting started and/or the people who are too busy to go often. I know there are so many people in the area that are better fisherman and more knowledgeable than I but I am on the water all the time so I have a good feel of what’s going on and don’t mind sharing with the videos.

As far as the one cast length comment. I was referring specifically to wintertime river fishing, obviously you’d like to have more room than that but I don’t think it’s a realistic expectation when you choose to fish in the river when it’s busy.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

This seems like the best place to throw a “report” I recently got from a friend who I’ve never know to lie or go fishing without catching something. Standing on his 2 feet at the literal, actual, factual ramp he...caught 27 Trout. He’s from another mold so I’m not going to say where just in case etc etc.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

I can recall some river fishing on the St marks where it feels like you can shake hands with the boat next to you. Can't really be bothered by it because the fish are stacked up in a very small area. It's easy to forget that if you're in a crowded place that you chose to be part of the crowd.